Adobe Photoshop CS3 One-on-One
Read the Lessons. Watch the Video. Do the Exercises.Pioneering computer graphics author Deke McClelland updates his bestselling hands-on tutorial for "Adobe Photoshop CS3", the latest version of this industry-standard image editing and production program. As with previous editions, "Adobe Photoshop CS3 One-on-One" guides readers step by step through the program's features and functionality. A key appeal of the One-on-One series is the two hours of DVD-video material included. Once you read about a particular technique, you can see how it's done first hand in the video. The combination is uniquely effective. And hugely popular.
Whether you're a first-timer looking to learn Photoshop, or a seasoned user interested in the groundbreaking features of CS3, Deke's conversational style and carefully structured lessons guide you through everything you need to know to get up and running, and then takes you well into mastery. Using Deke's expert advice you'll be entertained and learn the fundamentals fast. This book includes:
- 12 self-paced tutorials let you learn at your own speed
- Engaging real-world projects let you try out real techniques
- More than two hours of video instruction shows you how to do the work real time
- 850 full-color photos, diagrams, and screen shots illustrate every key step
- Multiple-choice quizzes in each chapter help you test your knowledge
A Photoshop expert, sought-after computer graphics, and design lecturer, and author of over 70 books, Deke creates a classroom environment in Adobe Photoshop CS3 One-on-One with written instruction and video training -- except that you get one-on-one attention as you proceed from lesson to lesson at your own pace. It's like having private lessons with the author.
Whether you're an enthusiast, creative pro, technical pro, or newcomer, Deke's book will have you speaking fluent Photoshop CS3 in no time.
"Deke will entertain you as much as teach you. If you are looking to learn Photoshop CS3 from the master, get this book!" Tim Grey, author of "Photoshop CS2 Workflow".
Adobe Photoshop CS3 One-on-One
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.O'Reilly's Digital Media products and online resources bring the knowledge of experts to a broad audience of enthusiasts and professionals, illuminating the spaces where innovation, creativity, and technology converge. For more creative inspiration, visit: http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com # # #
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network