Data recovery for Mac OS X
SubRosaSoft.com announces the release of FileSalvage 6SubRosaSoft has released FileSalvage 6. This latest generation of Mac OS X software provides support for custom file type recovery, the ability to search for embedded files, and a new bootable DVD.
FileSalvage 6 is a set of extremely powerful data recovery tools designed to restore files that have been accidentally deleted, become unreadable due to media faults, or stored on a drive before it was re-initialized or formatted. It is device and file system independent, allowing the users to recover files from a normal Mac OS hard drive, USB key, Linux disk, Windows drive, FLASH card, scratched CD, and almost any other media or file system that can be recognized in Mac OS X.
FileSalvage 6 adds the ability for the user to define their own custom file types. To recover a file format that is not in the current list of supported and known types, the user simply drags & drops a dozen or so files of the same format into FileSalvage to analyze and process. Upon completion, the new profile will be added to the known formats. This flexibility enables the user to recover files created by applications that are either too new or uncommon to be initially supported by FileSalvage 6.
FileSalvage 6 also adds the ability to search for embedded files. Already a feature found in SubRosaSoft's MacForensicsLab, searching embedded files will yield files contained within other files, such as web caches or mbox format email folders. This new feature will allow the user to recover more files.
The latest update of FileSalvage is available on a dual-boot bootable DVD that will start up from either a Power PC or Intel based Macintosh. Written specifically for Mac OS X, FileSalvage 6 includes powerful features that give the user excellent flexibility and control in data recovery:
Risk free trial version - see what data can be recovered before you purchase.
* Custom file type support - recover files that may not already exist in the current list of 'Supported File Formats'.
* Embedded file recovery -- search for files that have been embedded inside other files.
* File Preview - see what you are going to get before you recover your deleted file.
* File Renamer - reconstructs file names of the popular file formats (JPEG, MP3, M4A, etc...).
* Easy-to-use interface - reduces data recovery process to a few clicks.
* Device and file system independent - allows recovery from almost any media.
* Works on faulty hardware - recovers data from mechanically unsound disks or corrupted devices.
* Safety first - never writes to the disk or device being salvaged from.
* Searches free space - scan only where known files are not, to speed recovery and narrow search results.
SubRosaSoft Salvage software requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or above (built for Tiger). For more information on FileSalvage 6, please visit SubRosaSoft
* MSRP $89.95 plus shipping for the CD version or $79.95 for the download only version.
* Users of FileSalvage 5 can upgrade to version 6.0 for free by contacting (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Users of FileSalvage 4 or below can upgrade to FileSalvage 6 for $29.95 (download) and $39.95 (DVD media) plus shipping.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network