Adobe GoLive 9
This intuitive new version empowers non-code savvy design professionalsAdobe Systems Incorporated today announced the immediate availability of Adobe GoLive 9 software for professional designers who want to build web design skills. This intuitive new version empowers non-code savvy design professionals to create modern, CSS-compliant websites using a visual interface and design techniques familiar to anyone who knows Adobe InDesign CS3 software and print layout. Designers can easily incorporate assets from other Adobe products by copying and pasting formatted content from InDesign layouts and by embedding native Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe PDF files as smart objects. With GoLive 9, designers can master the basics of web design and then grow into building more sophisticated web experiences using the industry-leading tools in Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 software.
Learn Quickly with an Easy-to-Use Interface
GoLive 9 offers new features to help make the web more accessible to designers who don't have a background in HTML or other web technologies. A visual CSS layout window allows designers to create standards-compliant code that renders faithfully on the latest browsers. Users can select, edit, and create objects using familiar tools and techniques and automatically create CSS-based text styles using character and style settings similar to those in InDesign.
Work with Other Adobe Applications
GoLive 9 continues to integrate closely with other Adobe graphics applications. Designers can drag and drop content directly from InDesign into GoLive, which automatically translates most existing character and paragraph styles into CSS. Common color settings are maintained from other applications. Native Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe PDF files can be placed into GoLive as Smart Objects, which can be cropped and resized on-the-fly.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe GoLive 9 is now available for purchase as an electronic software download (ESD) from the Adobe store at (www.adobe.com/ ) for US$399. The upgrade from GoLive 6.0, CS or CS2 is US$169. For more information, please visit Adobe.com for the GoLive 9 Frequently Asked Questions document.
[PLEASE NOTE: Adobe equates mechanical software with "Design" -- this software has nothing to do with "designing" a web site -- but rather the mechanics of building a web site once the design is finished.]
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network