swap images into and out of Adobe InDesignXChange International has released the new ImageSwapper plug-in for InDesign. ImageSwapper is a flexible and time-saving plug-in which streamlines the process of replacing low resolution, for-placement-only (FPO) images with their high resolution counterparts and conveniently works with any image type supported by Adobe InDesign including TIFF, JPEG and PDF file formats.
Developed in close collaboration with production departments at a number of major magazines, ImageSwapper has been optimised to be an effective and time-saving production tool. ImageSwapper is designed to allow production specialists to replace all the images in a document with a single editing session, and has many features to save time and increase efficiency.
The user selects two points on both the original and replacement image, and with that information ImageSwapper will automatically calculate how much the replacement image should be rotated and scaled, while offering the option to manually override any setting. It features a single, straightforward dialogue and offers numerous features that enable fast, precise, seamless replacement of low-res images.
Users are provided visual tools to quickly set up an image swap, then fine tune changes with ImageSwapper's manual controls. ImageSwapper allows users to separately enable, disable, and override scale and rotation amounts, and it will also allow for setting of minimum thresholds.
- Simple and effective -- Choose two points on the original image and the same two points on the replacement image, and ImageSwapper will calculate the exact rotation and scaling necessary.
- Built for production speed -- Replace all images in a document in a single sitting. ImageSwapper is loaded with features to save time and increase efficiency.
- Built for precision control -- Use the visual tools to quickly set up an image swap, then fine tune changes with ImageSwapper's manual controls. ImageSwapper allows users to separately enable, disable, and override scale and rotation amounts, and will also let users set minimum thresholds.
ImageSwapper is ideal for any publication that frequently swaps low-resolution images for high-resolution replacements.
ImageSwapper for InDesign
* author = Tami Stodghill; XChange International
* url = http://www.xchangeuk.com/vstore/store/detail/IMSWPI100M01
* dept = DTP: publishing, page layout, type, fonts
* audience = General: cross platform anyone
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension� technology; Adobe InDesign�, Acrobat� and Photoshop� Plug-ins� and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network