Store more, share more - at home
miniStack Storage solutionNewerTech has announced the miniStack NAS Network Attached Storage solution for storing and sharing music, videos, photos, and files at home or at the office. miniStack NAS easily connects to computers via Ethernet or USB 2.0 ports for Plug & Play storage and sharing of up to 750GB between up to 20 Windows or Mac users.
Server for the Digital Lifestyle
Based on the award-winning miniStack, winner of Macworld Magazine "Top Product," MacAddict Magazine "Editor's Choice," Awards, miniStack NAS addresses the growing trend of computers as the hub of home entertainment by offering a shared local drive for wired or wireless networked computers for drag-and-drop sharing and storage. It is the ideal server for the digital lifestyle because it offers storage capacities up to 750GB, the ability to stream multimedia and HD files to UPnPT (Universal Plug and Play) compatible media players, and easy set-up by eliminating complicated network TCP/IP configurations.
Adding the NewerTech miniStack NAS into a home or business network is a simple matter of installing the included software driver onto each computer that will share the miniStack NAS drive and connecting miniStack NAS to the network via the included Ethernet cable.
6 Times Faster Performance
miniStack NAS utilizes advanced network storage technology to enable direct storage and access by up to 20 users simultaneously with up to 6 times faster performance than older PC file sharing-based technologies. With both USB 2.0 and Ethernet connections, miniStack NAS offers the flexibility to be used either on the network or as a personal external high-speed storage solution.
NDAS Technology for Extra Security
miniStack NAS keeps sensitive data safe and secure with user-selectable levels of read/write privileges, from no access, read only, or full access. Also, because miniStack NAS uses Network Direct Attached Storage (NDAS) technology, which eliminates the need for TCP/IP settings, miniStack NAS is safe from external hackers.
miniStack NAS Applications:
* Home network file sharing/storage, backup/archiving, and other shared external drive access needs.
* Small business as a primary or secondary network storage solution.
* Public office/facility (libraries, villages, etc.) backup, archiving and conservation of data.
* Multimedia storage device (MP3s, digital photos, digital video).
* Up to 750GB storage.
* Up to 16MB of data cache.
* Ximeta NDAS 2011 network chipset for extra security.
* One RJ-45 10/100Base-TX auto switching MDI/MDI-X port.
* One USB 2.0/1.1 port.
* Data transfer speed up to 100Mb/s.
* Up to 20 simultaneous Mac or PC users.
* Front panel LED status lights.
* External auto-switching 100-240V 50-60Hz 3 amp UL listed power supply.
* Small footprint: 6.5" x 6.5" x 1.5" size.
* Auto-Power on/off automatically with computer.
* Intelligent thermal monitoring for minimal fan power consumption.
* Whisper quiet operation.
* Kensington Security Slot.
* Ethernet RJ-45 and USB 2.0 cables included.
* Stackable design.
miniStack NAS is available in seven pre-configured 7200RPM solutions, from 80GB to 750GB, priced starting at $119.99 MSRP from NewerTech's exclusive distributor, Other World Computing, at www.macsales.com, as well as through select resellers. A 0GB "Add Your Own Drive" kit is also available for $79.99 MSRP.
miniStack NAS is compatible with Macintosh computers running OS 8.6 and later with an available USB port, OS 10.2.8 and later required for network operation or Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2000 (Home or Professional), or Windows Vista with an available USB port or via network. All pre-configured and certain OGB kit miniStack NAS models include a $200 retail value utility software bundle comprised of ProSoft Engineering� Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP�, and Intech� SpeedTools UtilitiesT.
Since 1984, Newer Technology, Inc. (NewerTech) has been recognized as the leading developer of performance upgrades for PowerBooks�, desktop Macintosh computers, Intel Macs, iMacs�, iPods and MacOS compatibles. NewerTech is headquartered in Woodstock, Illinois. Dealer inquiries are welcome by calling 815-308-7001 or by emailing email@example.com
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network