Kurdish for QuarkXPress
Kurdish desktop publishing softwareXChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release and availability of ArabicXT with Kurdish Support, or "KurdishXT". With KurdishXT, users can create and print Kurdish language layouts within QuarkXPress 6.x. The XTensions transform QuarkXPress into professional Kurdish desktop publishing software. KurdishXT 6.1 allows users to publish in Kurdish and to create outstanding designs for both print and electronic media.
Using KurdishXT in conjunction with QuarkXPress, anyone can learn to create superb Kurdish language page layouts, without the need for a Kurdish operating system. ArabicXT 6.1 with Kurdish Support also opens up the world of self-publishing in Kurdish/Persian to the novice, including students, freelancers and home-based professionals. Anyone can learn the system in a very short time. ArabicXT 6.1 with Kurdish Support does not remove any existing functionality of QuarkXPress; all QuarkXPress features are available in this Kurdish XTensions software.
KurdishXT 6.1 runs flawlessly under Mac OS X, and has been specifically designed to run in the native Mac OS X v10.2 environments. KurdishXT 6.1 can also be used in conjunction with QuarkXPress Passport, the multilingual version of QuarkXPress that allows users to justify, hyphenate and spell check text in 11 languages, including International English, U.S English, German, French, Spanish, Swiss German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian.
Features & Benefits:
- Create eye-catching Kurdish/Persian Web documents
- Gain more control over Kurdish layout spaces
- Synchronise Kurdish text among different layout spaces for greater accuracy
- Manage tables efficiently
- Multiple Undos
- Automatic Kashida insertion, using powerful Kashida algorithms for perfect justification
- Controllable ligature selection
- Automatic vertical and horizontal positioning of accents over characters
- Drop words over several lines at the beginning of paragraphs
- Mix Kurdish and Latin text in the same text box
- Import Kurdish text from Macintosh or Windows word processors
- Export Kurdish text for editing in other Kurdish word processors
- Copy and Paste Kurdish text attributes on a character level basis
- Change attributes of a specific language within a mixed selection range
- Enhanced "flip document layout" feature handles lines and b�zier curves
- Bilingual "find and replace"
- Convert "text to table" and "table to text"
- Improved handling of style sheets
KurdishXT 6.1 can run in reader-mode, in which the user works without a dongle. A full KurdishXT version is not necessary to view or print a document created with KurdishXT 6.1. The product includes 17 high-quality Kurdish fonts and comes bundled with 1 free in-pack premium: Zakhrafat, a professional collection of more than 140 Oriental clip arts and 30 drop caps, created by top graphic designers.
- Macintosh Platform (USB Dongle)
- Power PC G3 processor or faster
- Mac OS X (10.2 or later)
- Parent Application: QuarkXPress version 6.x
- CD-ROM Drive (for Installation)
- 4 MB Available Memory/RAM
- 2 MB Available Hard-Disk space
- 1 Available USB Port
KurdishXT for QuarkXPress
author = XChange International
url = http://www.xchangeuk.com/vstore/store/detail/KURDXT600M01
dept = DTP: publishing, page layout, type, fonts
KurdishXT is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension technology; Adobe InDesign, Acrobat and Photoshop Plug-ins and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network