Free QuarkXPress 7.3 Updater
Extends Support to Five Additional LanguagesMore people use QuarkXPress for creative design and page layout than any other software in the world. Period. Millions of users are now discovering the power of the new QuarkXPress 7, the most important QuarkXPress upgrade ever.
Now, Quark Inc. has announced availability of the QuarkXPress 7.3 updater, a maintenance release of the industry-leading professional design software. The QuarkXPress 7.3 updater provides new localized user interfaces in European Portuguese, Finnish, Croatian, Hungarian, and Russian, increasing the number of languages supported by QuarkXPress 7 to 18. In addition, this regularly scheduled 90-day maintenance release addresses the most frequently reported issues identified by QuarkXPress 7 users. The updater is available as a free download at www.quark.com.
"Quark is pleased to empower users in Portugal, Finland, Croatia, Hungary, and Russia in their pursuit of unmatched creativity and productivity by providing QuarkXPress user interfaces in their native languages," said Jargen Kurz, Quark's senior vice president, desktop business unit. "Equally important, we are committed to acting promptly on issues that matter most to our customers by delivering free maintenance releases every 90 days. I encourage customers to download the QuarkXPress 7.3 updater to begin leveraging the supplemental language features and enhancements of the updater today."
In addition to the new user interfaces in these five languages, the updater includes hyphenation and spelling support for Ukrainian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Slovenian, Latvian, Estonian, Icelandic, and Slovak.
Commitment to customer feedback, incremental enhancements The QuarkXPress 7.3 updater addresses the most frequently reported issues identified by users since the original release of QuarkXPress 7. When comparing the QuarkXPress 7.3 updater against the Quark 7.2 updater released earlier this year, performance enhancements show:
--- Spell checking--Up to 500 percent increased performance in spell checking within text handling for Windows users.
--- Saving projects--Up to 75 percent faster operations when saving documents on local and network drives; resolution to issues when saving to network volumes or Mac OS Tiger.
--- Text handling--Up to 50 percent faster performance through enhanced navigation and when typing within text-heavy documents.
--- Collection for output--Up to 40 percent performance improvement when collecting for output.
The QuarkXPress 7.3 updater also includes enhancements to multiple-copy output and project file size.
The new Default PDF Output Styles feature, which requires no additional set up, also adds more options for PDF output, including:
--- Press - High Quality/High Resolution
--- Print -- Medium Quality/Medium Resolution
--- Screen -- Medium Quality/Low Resolution
--- Screen -- Low Quality/Low Resolution
--- PDF/X-1a: 2001 and
Here's a complete list of issues resolved in QuarkXPress 7.3
To learn more about QuarkXPress 7 and how to purchase or upgrade visit the Quark Web site. A fully functional 30-day evaluation version of QuarkXPress 7 is available for download from www.quark.com.
Downloads - www.quark.com/service/desktop/downloads/
* QuarkXPress - The industry-... - www.quark.com/products/xpress/
* Powerful publishing, content ... - www.quark.com/products/
* QuarkXPress Evaluation Versions - www.quark.com/30days
Quark Inc. (www.quark.com) is an innovative software company providing design, production, and collaboration solutions that are transforming the business of creative communications. Quark has provided award-winning software for professional publishers since its flagship product, QuarkXPress, changed the course of traditional publishing. Denver-based Quark Inc. is privately held.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network