RapidWeaver gets a slew of handy new features
Introducing Master Styles theme variation optionsRealmac Software has announced an update to RapidWeaver, its award-winning website creation application for Mac OS X.
Whilst primarily a maintenance release, RapidWeaver 3.6.2 also contains a slew of handy new features.
The blog plugin has seen a significant upgrade, with a new custom RSS fields (allowing users to take advantage of services such as Feedburner), and a brand new Dynamic Sidebar option allowing far quicker upload times. Also new in this release is a "Master Styles" feature that allows users to specify theme variation options and apply them across multiple pages within a project*
Daniel Counsell, the Founder of Realmac Software said:
"RapidWeaver's blog plugin is one of the most popular within the application, and we're always looking at ways to improve it. The new dynamic sidebar allows customers to significantly reduce upload times when posting entries, particularly on larger sites".
What's New in RapidWeaver 3.6.2?
* Aperture Support in the Media Browser
* Dynamic sidebar*
* Custom RSS address support
* Master Styles
* And much more
Here's an in-depth list of new features
Say hello to RapidWeaver. He's a revolutionary, but friendly piece of web design software made exclusively for the Mac. He'll help you create and publish beautiful, modern sites, compliant with today's web standards.
Pricing & Availability
RapidWeaver is a free upgrade for registered RapidWeaver 3.6 customers. Registered customers using RapidWeaver 3.5.1 or earlier can upgrade for $25, whilst a full licence for RapidWeaver costs $49.
RapidWeaver is a Universal Binary, requiring Mac OS X v10.4.3 or later. A free trial copy of RapidWeaver can can be download from: http://www.realmacsoftware.com/
* Dynamic sidebar feature requires a PHP-compatible host.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network