Free Photos at TurboPhoto 5th
Celebrate 5 years with free stock photosYou've read our articles about Turbo Photo before -- many times. They've been one of the affordable stock photography houses that is a pleasure to work with. Now, they are celebrating their first 5 years in business.
Since its beginning in May 2002, Turbo Photo has provided stock photos to customers worldwide- aiming to serve graphic designers with limited budgets. The idea for the business began in 1997 when a need for affordable stock photography was recognized.
> "As a graphic designer, it was a challenge to
> find any quality stock photos for less than $500,"
Trent Mueller, President of Turbo Photo.
Turbo Photo was presented publicly in the Spring of 2002 through a business plan competition at California Polytechnic State University, through which it won an award. The business since gained momentum by selling stock photos online through shopping websites, auction sites, and established resellers. A newer website was launched in 2005, which facilitated the serving of thousands of customers worldwide- for both photo CD compilations and individual photo downloads.
Today, in celebration of the 5 year milestone, Turbo Photo plans to release an unprecedented amount of free stock photos for the month of September. "Thousands of web photos for commercial and personal use can be downloaded for free!"
Anyone who uses photography should stay informed about the free photo release by signing up for a weekly email newsletter. A "Subscribe" link at the top of the Turbo Photo website -- a welcome for joining, new subscribers are given the opportunity to download 50 free stock photos.
Department: Desktop Publishing: page layout, printing, dtp, imaging
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network