3DS Users Group Conference
Daytona Beach, Florida3DS Users Group Conference Takes Place in Daytona Beach, Florida March 15-19, 2009
The 3DS Users Group (3DSUG) has announced the venue for the 21st annual 3DS Users Group Conference, taking place in Daytona Beach, Florida, March 15-19, 2009. The 3DS Users Group Conference is the only event of its kind planned for the users by the users of 3D Systems, Inc equipment.
As always, the 3DSUG will host a Vendor Fair where attendees can meet with manufacturers, suppliers and rapid prototyping service bureaus to increase their growing network of 3DSUG peers. This year's Vendor Fair is scheduled for the evenings of March 15 and 16 in the Hilton Daytona Beach Coquina ballroom. The four-day conference will feature technical presentations and hands-on training sessions.
"3DSUG is the premiere event in North America where users of 3D Systems equipment convene to advance additive technology," said 3DSUG chairperson Brian Bauman. "The 2009 event is likely to draw the largest crowd ever as we continue to expand our content to include new applications, better uses of the equipment, and certificates of completion for some training sessions."
2008 marked the 20th anniversary of the annual 3DS Users Group Conference. The 3DSUG is noted for unveiling some of the most advanced and innovative uses of SLA, SLS and 3D Printing systems in the industry.
About 3DS Users Group
(www.3dsug.org) 3DSUG is a professional network of manufacturing engineers, industrial designers, product development specialists, SLA and SLS technicians. 3DSUG members are owners and operators of 3D Systems Corporation equipment who exchange technical information to help steer the direction of 3D Systems hardware and software development. The organization's annual users group conference provides a forum for the presentation of new technologies related to the operation of 3D Systems equipment and the secondary or final applications of parts and tools made from 3D Systems equipment. Sponsors of the 2008 3DSUG Users Group Conference include DSM Somos, Huntsman, NCP Leasing, Integra Services International, Solid Concepts, Curbell Plastics, National RP Support, RapidTech, Spectrum3D, Materialise Software, Paramount PDS, Applied Rapid Technologies, 3D Systems Corporation, Met-L-Flo, Valspar, Laser Reproductions, AIN Plastics, CreaForm, Bolt's Engraving, FineLine Prototyping, DPSS Lasers, Innovative Polymers, RPDG, Ramco, BJB Enterprises, BuyCastings.com, Acu-Cast Technologies, Clemco, CadmiumCD, Prototype Productions Incorporated, RePliForm, VacuCoat, Invest Cast and Rapid Sheet Metal. This year marked the 20th anniversary of the 3DSUG.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network