Security: Block Objectionable sites
all the tools you need to block access to undesirable web sitesProtect children or employees from pornographic sites: CutX gives people all the tools they need to block access to undesirable web sites. Even when parents aren't around, they can rest assured that adult sites and those with sexually explicit content are blocked.
app4mac has released CutX Content Filter 4.5 BETA 1 for Mac OS X. CutX allows users to block unwanted websites from display in the Safari web browser. The extension adds a menu to the web browser with various new options. If a website is blocked, the user is informed by a message and the page is not loaded.
Ensure productive activity in the workplace: CutX helps employers make sure employees are on task, not distracted by casual web surfing or excessive personal business. With CutX, they will keep their employees focused on the job, not on internet distractions. Securing an IT infrastructure against web threats is becoming more and more challenging. CutX also provides IT administrators with a way to protect employees from the threats associated with unregulated Internet access.
Not just pornography: With CutX, people can also block sites with information about other objectionable material such as illegal activities, drugs, bombs, etc.
CutX is a secure solution. The software includes a password protection mode so that other computer users can modify the list of rules. If desired, CutX has the option to be automatically enabled for all computer users.
app4mac is a company created in 2001 with the goal of providing innovative applications for Mac OS X. We take great pleasure building Mac products. We are committed to creating quality software that will make the Mac even more user-friendly. - San Jose, CA - Published on 05/15/08
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network