Make client folders quickly
unique idea for the graphic arts industryGeeksuit has a unique idea for the graphic arts industry -- Client Folder Maker -- a folder creation and management utility for Mac OS X. Client Folder Maker is a simple to use, general purpose folder creation and management tool for the busy desktop publisher, prepress operator or web designer. It allows the user to set up a hierarchy of folders once, then re-create that hierarchy anywhere in the filesystem with just a few clicks from the Finder.
Focus on Ease of Use:
Client Folder Maker was developed specifically to help design professionals be more productive. When CFM is invoked, simply enter the Client Name, its Job Number, and hit the Create Folder button. Client Folder Maker will faithfully create the folder hierarchy based on the clients name, the number associated to that job, with all the support folders inside.
Completely re-written as a Contextual Menu and Preference Pane, Client Folder Maker utilizes a very simple approach for building up custom folder sets for any job type. Easily add, rename, or delete folders in the hierarchy, as well as the ability to create new files under the folder tree too.
The hidden gem in CFM is its limitless customization of tag variables, so the possibilities for personal customization are endless. Despite its namesake, Client Folder Maker's default presets aren't limited to simply a "client name" and a "job number". As long as the chosen words or phrases are surrounded in braces, users may create and leverage any tags they wish.
Client Folder Maker ships with default presents for the design or prepress minded, as well as a simple website structure for web developers. Both have their own unique tag variables, but can easily be customized for any working environment.
A Hierarchy By Any Other Name
Design professionals know that adhering to a strict folder hierarchy is paramount when setting up new clients, backing up customer files, as well as the ability to search them for repeat jobs. Graphic Designers, Prepress Operators and Web Developers alike will immediately appreciate the convenience and time-savings Client Folder Maker offers.
But it doesn't stop there. As extensible as CFM is, it offers a myriad of different uses. Photographers, Photoshop wizards, programmers, teachers and professors (for Quizzes, Homework, Solutions, Student Records), writers: anyone can leverage and enjoy its benefits.
* Stays out of the way: Implemented as a CMM and Pref Pane
* Limitless Customization
* Zero Footprint
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 520 Kb~ Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability: Client Folder Maker 2.0 is available under two licenses. A single license is only $14.75 USD. A Three-User license is $35.00 USD. CFM works as an unrestricted 15 day demo until which time can be unlocked with a purchased registration code. Client Folder Maker is used by many leading Printing Firms throughout the world. Print Franchises who wish to purchase CFM in bulk licenses for stores, contact their website for available licensing options.
Headquartered in Lake Dallas, Texas, MacScripter LLC is a leading evangelist for Applescripting the Mac since 1999. GeekSuit is a website compilation of useful php scripts, and applescripts. Copyright 1999-2008 MacScripter LLC All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Lake Dallas, Texas - Published on 07/01/08
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network