iPhone Photos to Paintings
Gesture 1.0 by Big Stone PhoneBig Stone Phone has shipped a brand new revolutionary application for the iPhone and iPod Touch named "Gesture". Gesture v 1.0 lets you create digital paintings from your photos simply by dragging your finger over the photo.
With just a little imagination, you can can make beautiful works of art. Be as rough or tight as you like as Gesture translates your movements into paint strokes using a sampled color from the photo below. Bringing a popular artistic technique from the desktop to the iPhone and iPod Touch, Gesture makes creating stunning works of art a breeze for the artist and non-artist alike.
Big Stone Phone cofounder and CEO of Stone Design, Andrew Stone remarked, "We had so much fun with iGraffiti, we conceived of a new way to make original art quickly and easily on your iPhone. What's more, you can share and view your paintings with our online Public Art Space."
Gesture has a simple model - you create works of art in your "Studio" and you view your art in your "Gallery"
* View your masterpieces in landscape mode
* Add and delete paintings
* Share and view paintings from other Gesture users online
* Save your painting to Photos
* Play back your painting like a movie
* Instantly Pointilize your photo
* Zoom in for detail work
* Unlimited undo
* Load any image on the internet
Pricing and Availability:
Gesture 1.0 is only $4.99 USD and available exclusively through Apple's App Store. Other popular iPhone/iPod Touch titles by Big Stone Phone include: Twittelator Pro, iGraffiti and TalkingPics.
Stone Design is a New Mexico based software corporation founded in 1984 by Andrew Stone which has shipped over 20 titles for Mac OS X and its parent operating system, the NeXT, in the last 20 years. Major applications include Create, a page layout and web authoring app, iMaginator for image processing and Videator for video effects and VJ'ing. This year, in conjunction with BigStonePhone, has added 4 iPhone applications to the collection: TalkingPics for field photography and audio recording, iGraffiti which lets you paint on photos and share them, Twittelator Pro - the ulitimate native Twitter client and now Gesture. Big Stone Phone is a collaboration between Stone, Jeff BIggus of Hyperjeff.net and artist and UI designer Ollie Wagner.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network