Batch Resize Photos with ResizeMe
Most asked for image editing processDare to be Creative has released ResizeMe, a batch image and photo editor for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. ResizeMe can resize, scale, rotate and flip many images and photos at once, and is the latest tool by Dare to be Creative aimed at creative professionals.
Batch resize, scale, rotate and flip:
With ResizeMe, users can resize, scale, rotate and flip many images at once. Resizing allows users to reduce the size of their photos for emailing, or creating thumbnails for images to post on websites. Users can rotate images to quickly switch from portrait mode to landscape, or vice versa. And by flipping images horizontally or vertically users can easily create mirror effects.
A tool for creative professionals:
ResizeMe is the third tool by Dare to be Creative designed for creative professionals such as graphic designers and web designers. Alongside ResizeMe are Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, and Dragoman, a batch image and photo converter. With Renamer4Mac, photographers and creative professionals can save hours of work by renaming thousands of images at once, such as renaming photos downloaded from digital cameras into something meaningful. Designers and creative professionals benefit from Dragoman's support for popular image and raw digital camera formats, allowing them for example to batch convert TIFF to PNG, or from raw digital camera files such as from Canon or Kodak cameras to JPEG.
Features in a nutshell:
* Batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips (horizontally and vertically) images and photos
* Easy drag and drop interface
* Preserves EXIF data
* Built-in, automatic self updates that inform users when new versions are available
* Handles the popular image formats JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PDF, JPEG-2000 (JP2), Silicon Graphics Image (SGI), Targa Graphics (TGA)
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
Pricing and Availability:
ResizeMe is $19.95 USD, and available as a free download from Resize-Me.com. It runs initially in a 10-day trial mode with all features active. This is the first release of ResizeMe.
: Batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images:
ResizeMe: Screenshots of ResizeMe in action
ResizeMe: List of supported image and photo formats
Renamer4Mac: A batch file renamer
Dragoman: A batch file converter for images, photos, music and archive files
Located in Vienna, Austria, Dare to be Creative Ltd. is a software company founded in 2006 by a group of Mac enthusiasts. The Dare to be Creative team focuses exclusively on developing utility applications for Mac OS X designed to save valuable time while being enjoyable and easy to use. The current portfolio includes a) iArchiver, an archiving and file compression utility, b) iCombiner, a tool to combine images and PDF files into single PDF documents, c) Renamer4Mac, a batch file renamer, d) ResizeMe, a batch image editor that resizes, scales, rotates and flips images, and e) Dragoman, a batch file converter for image, music and archive files. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2008 Dare to be Creative Ltd. / All Rights Reserved. - Vienna, Austria - Published on 07/01/08
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network