WriteRoom for iPhone
a simple place to read and write notesHog Bay Software has released WriteRoom for all the iPhone users of the world. WriteRoom.iPhone is for people who want a simple place to read and write notes on their phone. The functionality is similar to the default notes app, but in a richer and cleaner package. Unlike Notes, WriteRoom also provides optional Wi-Fi access to your documents.
* Clean black and white look.
* Standard fonts and simple black background.
* Use a bigger keyboard in horizontal orientation.
* Access your documents from your computer over Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi access to your notes is an optional feature. When enabled you can browse to and edit your notes from your local computer in Safari. This feature is not currently password protected. When you enable document sharing anyone on your local network can access your WriteRoom iPhone documents.
This isn't a sync solution, because your notes are always stored on your phone. But this solution does make it easy to quickly get text into and out of your phone, and unlike sync solutions it's very simple. You don't need to install any special software on your computer, you don't need to sign up for any online services, and it will easily work on any computer, not just the computer that's synched to your iPhone.
WriteRoom for the iPhone is inspired by my WriteRoom for OS X application, but functionally WriteRoom for the iPhone is more similar to the default Notes application. When you purchase WriteRoom for the iPhone you will also get a $5 off coupon that can be used when purchasing either of my Mac OS X desktop applications; WriteRoom or TaskPaper.
* Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch
* Requires iPhone 2.0 Software Update
* Wi-Fi support requires access to wireless network
Pricing and Availability:
WriteRoom. iPhone may be purchased from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
Located in Bangor, Maine, Hog Bay Software was founded in 2001 by Jesse Grosjean. Hog Bay Software is also the creator of WriteRoom and TaskPaper for the Mac, and of Bubbles for the iPhone. Copyright 2001-2008 Hog Bay Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network