Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS/1000D
Practical Advice You Can Take Anywhere
If you're thinking about investing in a new Canon Rebel camera, you'll definitely want to check out the latest books from O'Reilly's popular Companion series.
Noted photographer Ben Long's "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS 1000D Companion" ($24.99) serves as a full-on photography class built specifically around the XS. Ben also authored "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion", which is tailored specifically for people who use that camera.
"By the time you're done with this book, you'll not only know how all the XS's controls function, but you'll also know how to recognize a good photo and how to use the XS's controls to represent that subject as a compelling image," writes Ben in the preface of "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS 1000D Companion." "In other words, you'll be a better photographer, whether you're shooting simple snapshots or aiming for something more."
Handily sized to fit most camera bags or even a pocket, the new book comes packed with Ben's creative tips and technical advice to help you capture stunning pictures anywhere, anytime--including professional-looking images of people, landscapes, action shots, close-ups, night shots, and more.
With this book you'll learn how to:
Take creative control and go beyond automatic settings
- Learn the basic rules of composition
- Capture decisive moments, including fast-moving objects
- Discover ways to use a flash indoors and outdoors
- Learn about different lenses, and the best time to use them
- Understand the options for shooting RAW, and whether it's right for you
Indeed, with Ben's creative tips and technical advice, you have the perfect, camera-bag-friendly reference that will help you capture the ideal photo anywhere, anytime.
Ben Long, producer and videographer, is the author of several books, including "Complete Digital Photography," "Real World Aperture," and the "Apple Pro Training Series." He maintains the Complete Digital Photography website
The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS/1000D Companion
by Ben Long (Author)
List Price: $24.99; our price: $16.49; save: $8.50 (34%)
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
O'Reilly's Digital Media products and online resources bring the knowledge of experts to a broad audience of enthusiasts and professionals, illuminating the spaces where innovation, creativity, and technology converge. For more creative inspiration, visit: http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network