Learn the Canon Digital Rebel
Practical Photography Advice You Can Take AnywhereHave you ever bought a new camera, only to be so overwhelmed by all the buttons, gizmos, and gadgets, that you don't touch it for months? You wind up using your old point-and-shoot camera simply because you don't know enough about your new camera to be comfortable with it. If you've ever been caught in this situation, don't worry--with O'Reilly Media's new Companion series, you'll be wowing people with your new photos in no time.
The newest book in this new series, "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion" is not a typical camera guide. Rather than just showing you what all the buttons do, this unique book teaches you how to use various Digital Rebel features to make great photographs. Through easy-to-follow lessons, this book gives you a complete class on digital photography, tailored specifically for people who use this camera.
With "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion" in your camera bag, you have the perfect field reference for taking stunning pictures of any occasion or place, any time. You get valuable creative tips and technical advice for capturing professional-looking images of people, landscapes, action shots, close-ups, night shots, and more.
This book will allow you to:
- Get to know the Digital Rebel XSi/450D and how it works
- Take creative control and go beyond automatic settings
- Learn the basic rules of composition
- Know when to let the camera work for you
- Photograph fast-moving objects, and learn to capture decisive moments
- Discover ways to use a flash indoors and outdoors
- Learn the advantages of different lenses, and the best time to use them
- Understand the options for shooting RAW, and whether it's right for you
There are plenty of photography books, but only this companion guide teaches you how to take high-quality digital photos using the camera model you own. Professional photographer Ben Long includes plenty of full-color examples to show you what's possible once you graduate from snapshots and focus on the pictures you've always wanted to take.
Each book in this Companion series gives you the best advice on how to take the best pictures possible in a variety of situations. And they're portable and attractive enough that you'll want to take them along with you!
Ben Long, producer and videographer, is the author of "Complete Digital Photography" and several other books, including "Real World Aperture" and the "Apple Pro Training Series." He maintains the Complete Digital Photography Website, and is currently a Senior Editor for CreativePro.com, where he writes a regular digital photography column.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
O'Reilly's Digital Media products and online resources bring the knowledge of experts to a broad audience of enthusiasts and professionals, illuminating the spaces where innovation, creativity, and technology converge. For more creative inspiration, visit: http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network