It's a Comic Life
Now you can live in it!Comic Life Magiq empowers users of all ages and skill levels with simple-to-use but eye-catching creative options typically found in professional products. Comic Life Magiq is built from the ground up to leverage the power of Mac OS X 10.5 core technologies, like Core Image and Core Animation resulting in photo-comics with unique visual effects and elegant layout.
Comic Life Magiq includes creative features rivaling 'Pro' applications, while retaining plasq's signature ease-of-use. For example, the included Magiq Image Editor is a friendly tool with a powerful core offering features ranging from smart cut-out, warping and smudging, painting, skinning, green-screening and more all wrapped up in an easy and entertaining interface.
The comic page layout engine can handle complex and creatively-curved comic panels, speech balloons and captions. Artistic 'brushes' provide hand-drawn feel to lines, and powerful compositing lets the user flexibly combine their images. A high degree of control over individual comic elements enables complex gradients, reflections, brushes, line styles, fill options, shadows and more. The modular interface lets users hide or view these details while navigating through a continuous WSYWIG page layout view.
Also included are a collection of artist-commissioned templates, props, balloon shapes and spraycans to both inspire and get users straight into the fun. Templates cover a wide variety of life's events and characters including birthdays, pets, outdoor activities etc.
Comic Life Magiq requires Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and above. Comic Life Magiq costs $44.95 USD. Crossgrades from Comic Life Basic, Comic Life Deluxe and Comic Life Apple Bundle are available for $29.95 USD. Volume Education Licensing options are available. Volume Education Crossgrade pricing is also available. 30-day unhindered demo and instant download purchase directly from plasq.
plasq's focus on creating intuitive, powerful and fun software for visual communication, perfectly illustrated by their award-winning 'Comic Life', kid-friendly 'Doozla' and much lauded 'Skitch'. Known for its worldwide 'online office' approach, plasq's think-tank of developers and user interface designers unites talent from The United States, Australia, Austria, France, Brazil and Norway to make beautifully designed and useful tools. plasq helps people communicate across oceans and generations. - San Francisco, CA - Published on 05/08/08
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network