Get RecognizedYour opportunity to get global exposure, and have your work seen by some of the most influential graphic arts industry players in the world.
Communication Arts magazine has announced the deadline for their 49th Photography Competition -- March 11, 2008
Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in photography, the 49th annual Communication Arts Photography Competition. Any photograph first printed or produced between March 14, 2007 and March 11, 2008 is eligible.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and photographers, the winning entries will be published in the August 2008 Photography Annual. Over 70,000 copies of the Photography Annual will be distributed worldwide, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will include addresses, email and telephone numbers of the photographers represented.
49th Illustration Competition
Communication Arts magazine announces the deadline for their 49th Illustration Competition -- March 11, 2008
Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration, the 49th annual Communication Arts Illustration Competition. Any illustration first printed or produced between March 14, 2007 and March 11, 2008 is eligible.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and illustrators, the winning entries will be published in the July 2008 Illustration Annual. Over 70,000 copies of the Illustration Annual will be distributed worldwide, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will include addresses, email and telephone numbers of the illustrators represented.
Wolda, the worldwide logo design annual
Wolda, the worldwide logo design annual has now gone online and is open for entries by May 20, 2008.
Designers, agencies, studios and students from all over the world are invited to enter. Winners are selected by an international three-tier jury consisting of Designer, Client and Public Judges provided respectively by Icograda, Aquent and Consumers International.
All the winning logos will be showcased online and published in a printed annual on SAPPI acclaimed papers by Fontegrafica (both sponsors of Wolda).
Download Press Releases of the Wolda launch or gather more info at www.wolda.org
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network