&Else :: DTP, Photography, Drawing for 2008
- Color Efex Pro 3.0 Grab this free update of the award-winning Color Efex Pro 3.0 photographic filters -- now supports Aperture 2.1, Nikon Capture NX 2 and Adobe Photoshop CS3 Smart Filters -- powerful, and easy filters for photo enthusiasts and professional photographers.
- GraphicConverter update If you're not using GraphicConverter, you should be. Now, Lemke Software has launched GraphicConverter 6.1.1, their awesome image editing and conversion utility for Mac OS X. So, you'll want to stay up to date!
- Tiled image of images Thousands of Mac users have been waiting on this. Over in DTG magazine and Photoshop 911 we have received literally hundreds of inquiries of where a Mac user can find such software. It's been available on Windows for some time -- but now, Limit Point Software makes it for Mac.
- Batch Resize Photos with ResizeMe Dare to be Creative has released ResizeMe, a batch image and photo editor for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard. ResizeMe can resize, scale, rotate and flip many images and photos at once.
- Serif comes to the U.S. Serif desktop publishing and design software combines pro-level applications with extreme usability, Serif's PagePlus X3, WebPlus X2, PhotoPlus X2 and DrawPlus X2 enable users to achieve professional-quality results for business needs -- now available in the U.S.
- New DTP program for Mac iCalamus 1.13 - multi-lingual, frame-oriented desktop publishing solution for Mac OS X. iCalamus offers an easy approach to desktop publishing DTP -- excellent choice for creating simple posters, to complex magazines, scientific works and book publishing
- Silver Efex Pro photographic plug-in Nik Software has rolled out the new Silver Efex Pro photographic plug-in for use with Adobe Photoshop and Apple Aperture, the most advanced, complete, and straightforward black-and-white solution.
- Creative Suite 3.3 Yes, it's yet another upgrade for the Adobe Creative Suite! What? Haven't upgraded to CS2 yet? CS3? Now's the time. Creative Suite 3.3 now incorporates Acrobat 9 Pro
- Frame your art ImageFramer custom image framing utility for Mac OS X makes it easy to apply photo-realistic frames to digital images, drawings or any original artwork.
- Image Editor for Mac OS X Nolobe Introduces Iris - The Ultimate Image Editor for Mac OS X powerful, intuitive, and easy to use solution for all your photo editing needs -- with a unique and elegant one-window interface, that can render confusing multiple palettes obsolete.
- Free Clip Art from Jumsoft... They're back -- with yet more great clip art icons for your presentations and publishing projects. Freshly drawn, this clip is well worth a look
- Remove grain from photos Today's digital cameras are far more capable of low-light photography than ever before. But with that benefit comes grainy photos. Now you simply drag an image on to Denoise and watch the magic
- It's a Comic Life Put yourself in the comics, and syndicate your own life for friends and relatives ... you got Comic when you got your Mac. But that one is skimpy compared to the new shareware upgrade ... Comic Life Magiq
- Slideshow Magic 5 Slideshow Magic 5: Turn photos into a movie -- this presentation tool offers rotate frames, a completely revamped interface, and more advanced slide titling options.
- Viveza comes to Aperture Viveza plug-in works seamlessly within Aperture -- allows Aperture users to selectively control light and color in photographic images without ever having to leave Aperture.
- Stylish image editing Pixelmator Draftsman GPU-powered image editing tool to create, edit, and enhance still images - features rulers, guides, grid, snap, color balance, auto enhance, curves, and polygonal lasso tools and much more.
- Create graphics for the screen Take a look at this cool graphics program... traditional graphical features like vectors, layers and filters along with exclusive features including variables, templates, factories. It's called "Opacity"
- DrawIt on the Mac DrawIt is unique in that it presents the user with a simple and clean interface, yet packs an impressive assortment of useful, professional grade features. You'll find it's an easy-to-use, vector-drawing and image editing application for Mac OS X
- News: Pageflex Collaborates with Adobe Pageflex Collaborates with Adobe to Offer Adobe InDesign Server to Customers - New alliance enables users to generate variable data output with increased customization and flexibility
- Mystical Painter Bundle Bundle of product that includes Corel Painter X, Auto FX Mystical Tint Tone and Color, Auto FX Mystical Lighting, Training Videos by renowned Painter Master Jeremy Sutton, Mystical Tint Tone and Color Training Videos and Mystical Lighting Training Videos -- a savings of over $550
- VectorDesigner adds PDF and EPS import TweakerSoft has added PDF, EPS import and improved SVG import to their latest upgrade of VectorDesigner -- the perfect application for vector drawings, diagrams and illustrations, raster image handling, filtering and color correction
Morphing Images on Leopard Fred sez:
Morphing is one of the cooler manipulations you can do with images -- and Morph Age Pro now puts face recognition to work for itelligent morphing! Very cool.
- FotoMagico Sharing Assistant The new Sharing Assistant makes it super easy to create the files you want for making a DVD, putting them on your iPod, iPhone or Apple TV, or playing in full quality on another Mac. PDEE (Personal Digital Export Expert)
- Doozla Drawing for Kids! Here's a new full screen vector drawing application for kids that will knock you out! Doozla features simple free-hand drawing and color tools, webcam & tablet support, entertaining color-in templates and inspiring background images.
- Digital Photography Companion the practical photography advice you can take anywhere - information that shows you how to take control over your digital camera today to improve your photography skills, boost your picture-taking and image-editing knowledge, and, ultimately, shoot better images that truly reflect your creative spirit.
- Digital Photography digital photography from the ground up - a comprehensive course in the principles & techniques of modern photography
- The Photograph In The Photograph: Composition and Color Design Mante explains the elements that are essential to achieving the highest level of visual design in photographs. This book is geared toward the serious intermediate and advanced photographer who strives to create outstanding images.
- LightZone The latest version of LightZone gives users access to extensive video tutorials providing visual explanations of the innovative tools light crafts offers. LightZone 3.5 is the newest addition to the award winning LightZone photo-enhancing software.
- Drawing with Scribbles Scribbles is a drawing tool with a revolutionary user interface and a slew of user-requested enhancements, including a visual eyedropper, the ability to translate, rotate and scale layers independently, automatic updating, and optional grid overlays.
- Cool Clip Art from Jumsoft It's zippy, flippy, hippie, and trippie... you'll like Jumsoft's new collection of clip art! They say it's for Apple's Pages... but you can use it anywhere!
- Toolbox gets vector graphics Opcoders has launched the third public alpha of Toolbox, the visual programming tool which enables the combination of bitmaps, vector graphics and effects into amazing works of digital art. This latest release includes support for vector shape editing and filters.
- Ultimate photo retouch kit High powered masking, outlining has now joined forces with high-tech retouching for a thoroughly professional solution to image manipulation.
- Codeless web sites If you would rather not dig under the hood and work directly with web html code, then Freeway 5 could be for you. With its traditional page layout approach, Freeway makes it easy to create dynamic websites without the need to write code.
- LifeShaker gets booklet printing Funky Cloud has updated LifeShaker 1.1, a free update to the innovative to-do list application for Mac OS X. LifeShaker revolutionizes the humble to-do list with its unique interface and novel approach to getting stuff done.
- Adobe InDesign CS3 Nothing comes closer to a personal coach than Deke McClelland. In this impressive book, Deke works with you to learn the most important skills in Adobe's InDesign software. Get Deke to train you One-on-One
- Design competitions Your opportunity to get global exposure, and have your work seen by some of the most influential graphic arts industry players in the world.
- iMaginator and Create iMaginator and Create are two powerful publishing tools for Mac OS X -- including 17 applications, a widget and even a screen saver. Brought to you by 'Stone Works' an impressive new Mac developer .
- DrawIt vector-drawing DrawIt is unique in that it presents the user with a simple and clean interface, yet packs an impressive assortment of useful, professional grade features. You'll find it's an easy-to-use, vector-drawing and image editing application for Mac OS X
- ZeusDraw vector drawing ZeusDraw is a vector drawing program with a fluid, graceful interface, great brushes and a host of other features. If you don't own Adobe Illustrator, then you should strongly consider ZeusDraw
- Frames for your art? DropFrame is cross-platform application that allows you to easily add a picture frame to your images. DropFrame lets you give your digital work that extra touch and lets customers see your work just like it would look hanging on the wall
- Image Processing for Leopard Jade uses state-of-the-art algorithms to enhance color, contrast and dynamic range -- it's an easy-to-use image enhancement and batch processing tool that will automatically improve digital images.
- Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder User Group personality Maria O. Arguello shares her experiences with the new Flip Video -- next-generation video processing produces the highest quality mobile-compatible video while using minimal memory
- Graphics of the Americas 2008 Five-Day InDesign, Pixel, Vector and Adobe Acrobat Conferences offer unprecedented peer schmoozing, tips, tricks, seminars and tutorials covering all the important graphics and imaging tools today's creatives need to master
- Control fonts and tunes You Control: Fonts 1.3 is the system-wide WYSIWYG font menu, and You Control: Tunes 1.6 is the powerful iTunes controller and library browsing utility.
- Everyone likes fonts Macware's FontLibrary is a collection of great fonts in both TrueType and OpenType format -- features 100 font families in creative, classic, designer and refined categories.
- The Nikon D80 Dbook The Nikon D80 Dbook your interactive guide to DSLR photography - a must for all serious amateur, semi-professional, or professional photographers
- LightZone First Professional Photo Editor for Linux Users LightZone photo-editing software is the only application of its kind that performs on all three major platforms -- which can improve every photo regardless of camera type -- from cell phone cameras, to point and click, to D-SLR's
- iWork Templates Packages If you need some professional design help, Jumsoft Pages Templates for iWork offer a broad range of brochures, business cards, envelopes, letterheads, memos, and invoices for those without talent.
Holiday Designs for Adobe Festive designs for Photoshop and Illustrator include 200 New royalty-free custom shapes - vector designs for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements + over 1000 stunning designs for Illustrator
- CONTINUES ON THE NEXT PAGE...
Thanks for reading...
Editor / Publisher, DT&G Magazine
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly email newsletter, and each month we'll send you a low-key text email with all the happenings in the Design Center along with regular columns like the Mail-Bag, Reader-Tips, and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE to the DTG News email newsletter email discussion list (listserv) and join the ongoing discussions about design and publishing
HOW TO ADVERTISE When you advertise, your small contribution to the Design Center helps us continue the mission... and get's you lots and lots of traffic and visitors to your web site!