Hide from prying eyes
conceal files and folders with all their contentsHide Folders 2008 is a freeware program for Mac OS X dedicated to protect documents and folders. With a click, conceals files and folders with all their contents. The program is simple and natural to use because it works just as Mac users are used to do things everyday with their Macs. With this program Mac users can protect files from being modified, seen or erased by other users using the same Mac account.
Hide Folders is a freeware program and it's available from the Altomac website. There is also a Pro Edition available which includes a feature that let users protect the program with a password. If this option is selected, to gain access to the application it will be necessary to enter the correct password. Hide Folders Pro Edition is available for $27.00 USD from the Altomac online store.
Notes about security:This program uses the standard functionality of the operating system to make folders and files invisible. Whether you need more advanced levels for protecting your data, there are other ways as protecting information on removable media or using Mac OS X FileVault. To learn more about Protecting information on removable media and on Mac OS X FileVault open Mac OS X Finder's Help.
Founded in 2005, Altomac develops award-winning Mac OS X freeware and shareware software, including iPod Notes, Hide Folders and Speedy Mac. People at Altomac aim to put into users hands applications which they can use in a way they do things every day. Right after opening their programs, users can immediately focus on their task, not even noticing that they're using an entirely new program.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network