Image Processing for Leopard
DataMind Srl announces Jade 1.0 DigitalDataMind Srl has upgraded Jade 1.0, their highly acclaimed digital image processing application for Mac OS X Leopard. Implementing the best state-of-the-art algorithms to enhance color, contrast and dynamic range, Jade is an easy-to-use image enhancement and batch processing tool that will automatically improve digital images.
It has never been so easy to significantly improve digital images. Just load them in Jade, click a button and save the result. Jade will use its proprietary algorithms to enhance color, contrast and dynamics, while preserving the overall quality of the images. In addition, Jade also provides manual controls to fine-tune intensity values, the contrast of the image and the colour correction for unbalanced images.
As DataMind's first product of a series of image processing and computer vision tools, Version 1.0 is a staff pick and featured download on Apple's download website, and an excellent complement to their iLife suite.
Feature highlights include:
* One-Button Automatic Image Enhancement
* Batch Process large volumes of images at once
* Fine-tune Intensity Values, Contrast and Colour Correction for unbalanced images
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 (Leopard) or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 10.4 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Jade 1.0 is offered in both Standard and Pro versions, and are available as a full-featured 30 day demo. Jade Standard is $39.99 USD, and Jade Pro is $199.99 USD. The first 100 customers may take advantage of a 50% discount on both Standard and Pro license. Simply enter the discount code "jade" in their shopping cart.
Based in Udine, Italy, DataMind Srl is an ICT start-up founded in 2006 by 4 research scientists, whose core business is the outsourcing of scientific software to research centers/institutes. With a focus on developing software for researchers in Neuroscience, Astrophysics, Earth Sciences, Computer Vision, Image Processing, etc., DataMind's R&D department provides state-of-the-art, industrial based solutions to visualize and analyse scientific and experimental data. A staff pick and featured download on Apple's download website, Jade is the first application that makes direct use of the algorithms developed by DataMind. Copyright 2006-2008 DataMind Srl All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Published on 01/30/08
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network