comprehensive weather application for iPhone and iPod TouchMyWeather has released MyWeather Mobile 1.1, and update to their comprehensive weather application for iPhone and iPod Touch. Since its initial release to the App Store on July 9th, MyWeather Mobile has built a loyal following with over 125 five-star customer ratings. These users have been instrumental in providing valuable feedback to MyWeather, who has responded with Version 1.1, a new release that incorporates significant changes.
Key New Features:
* New Current Conditions: In addition to temperature, MyWeather Mobile's current conditions screen now includes precipitation total, humidity, barometric pressure, dew point, wind chill and wind speed.
* Full Screen Trends: When turned horizontally, the application incorporates a full screen forecast view for the next 36 hours (up from 12 hours) with detailed, richly-colored graphs for precipitation, temperature and wind speed and direction.
* Use Contacts for Locations: Users can now select locations from their iPhone contact list and add them to the MyWeather city list.
MyWeather Mobile also combines stunning, high-quality animated radar with Microsoft Virtual Earth maps, letting users view weather conditions at any location around the country. Turning the phone horizontally allows users to pinch, flick and tap to zoom down to the street level. Users can also view trend graphs horizontally, allowing for much greater detail when viewing forecasts.
"We have established ourselves as the premium mobile weather service for the U.S. and the response has been tremendous," said Terry Kelly, CEO of MyWeather, LLC and sister company, Weather Central, Inc. "Next up is an international application and personalized severe weather alerts."
Pricing and Availability: MyWeather Mobile is $14.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store.
MyWeather is a leading provider of personalized weather and traffic content solutions to media and consumers. MyWeather's patented technologies provide users with hyper-local weather alerts and forecasts, and personalized weather and traffic information to drive audience. We deliver weather and traffic online, to mobile devices, and to broadcasters worldwide. It's not just weather; It's MyWeather. Copyright 2008 MyWeather. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network