Photonic for Flickr
Mac OS X's first full Flickr applicationBarton Springs Softwarehas rolled out the release of Photonic, Mac OS X's first full Flickr application. Using Photonic, you can upload new pictures to your streams, sets, and groups, browse and search Flickr, and explore your friends' streams and favorites. Using Photonic, you can keep the Flickr experience as Mac-like as possible.
- Describe, tag, and upload new pictures
- Browse your streams, sets, and groups
- Explore your friends' streams and favorites
- Search all of Flickr by descriptions or tags
- Full screen mode allows exploring full resolution images
Photonic requires Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard," 300-500 MB of disk space for caching, and a free or paid Flickr account.
Pricing and Availability:
Photonic can be downloaded from their website and will be available at the introductory price of $20 USD until March 15, 2008.
Barton Springs Software was founded in 2006 with a focus on creating easy to use commercial software in markets that have long been neglected by major publishers. Our inspiration and name comes from the refreshing natural springs that fill Barton Springs Pool, a summer destination for generations of Texans.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network