Photoshop CS3 Accelerated
It always seems that companies release a new edition of software just as soon as you get used to the one you're using. While all the new buttons and options can be confusing, a new release from YoungJin -- "Photoshop CS3 Accelerated," Third Edition -- can help you navigate Photoshop, whether you're a beginner or a pro. Like its previous editions, this book's smart and eye-catching, full color design allows both new and experienced users get up and running quickly with the latest version of Photoshop.
With easy-to-follow exercises, the book gives you a visual walk-through of meaningful hands-on functions and design projects. The book begins with a clear-cut introduction to essential concepts and terminology. Newly learned skills are then put to the test by following the step-by-step exercises. Full color, crisp screenshots on every page give readers a clear picture of what's possible, and the CD included with the book contains all of the source files needed to complete the exercises.
Dozens of real-world examples, from straightforward to advanced, demonstrate how to integrate techniques. In the end, you will know how to enhance your designs and photos with all the new features that Photoshop CS 3 has to offer, including how to:
- Design transparent pages for the web
- Apply texture to 3D text
- Simulate neon lights and fireworks using paths
- Create reflections and shadows
- Create and add artistic effects with filters
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced Photoshop user, this book will help you grow in your skills and learn the ins and outs of this version of Photoshop.
In addition to writing numerous books on Photoshop, Blues Kim has had a successful career as an artist/designer for numerous companies and magazines in South Korea. A graduate of the Seoul National University of Technology, Blues Kim is currently a principal and co-owner of the Green Art Institute in Incheon, South Korea. His other books have included: "Fast Work - Photoshop CS;" "Designing the Designer - The Ideas Style Book: Photoshop CS in 20 Hours;" and "Flash MX in 20 Hours."
Photoshop CS3 Accelerated
280 pages, US $24.99
YoungJin.com has been publishing since 1987 and is one of South Korea's leading publishers on technology and computer graphics and design. They began publishing for the English language markets in 2003. Beyond their Accelerated series, other best-selling titles have included 40 Digital Photography Techniques and Maya Character Animation. YoungJin's English language IT books are distributed by O'Reilly.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network