Drawing with Scribbles
a drawing tool with a revolutionary user interfaceScribbles 1.2 is now available from atebits. Scribbles is a drawing tool designed for everyone. It throws away the rule book and offers a fresh approach to creative software for Mac. A revolutionary user interface allows artists of all ages to bring their imaginations to life.
With an intuitive 3D layers, scalable high-quality stroke rendering, fluid UI animations, and an infinite canvas, Scribbles is the missing drawing tool for Mac.
This versions adds many user-requested enhancements, including a visual eyedropper, the ability to translate, rotate and scale layers independently, automatic updating, and optional grid overlays.
Scribbles 1.2 adds many features, including:
* Eyedropper tool
* Move, rotate and scale layers independently
* Optional grid overlay
* Hold down Shift to draw straight lines
* Automatic updates (via Sparkle)
* Ability to change default brush style
* Performance improvements
* Interface tweaks
This is a free update for registered Scribbles users, but everyone can download a copy for free to try it out.
Founded in 2007, atebits strives to create simple and creative graphics software for Mac. Scribbles - our first product - has had a great reception from the Mac community so far. Artists of all ages are rediscovering their creative side with our unique drawing tool.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network