VectorDesigner Adds Multi-Touch
raster image handling, filtering and color correctionTweakerSoft has rolled out vectordesigner 1.4.6. Vectordesigner 1.4.6 now supports the new unibody MacBooks multi-touch trackpad for panning and zooming.
By leveraging the full capabilities of Quartz and CoreImage, VectorDesigner retains the feel of traditional drawing applications and features a wide assortment of tools, including smart shapes, rectangles, ovals, rounded rectangles, polygons, stars, bezier creation and editing, as well as raster to bezier conversion.
Combine shapes using unite, subtraction, xor and intersection boolean tools. Text can be fitted inside a shape or along a path preserving all the text editing capability of Mac OS X. All filters and composition may be applied non-destructively to shapes and images. A particularly useful feature is the integrated flickr browser; search texture and images by tags, or by color and download them directly inside the document.
Bezier Creation and Editing
Text inside shape
Text along Path
Raster To Vector Conversion
Native CoreImage and Quartz Composer Image filters
Image adjustment panel
EPS and PDF import
SVG Import (WebKit based)
iLife photo Browser
Minimum Requirements: Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher, Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel, G4, G5 or Intel Processor, 900 Mhz or faster, 512 MB Memory or higher, 8.9 MB Hard Drive space
VectorDesigner 1.4.6 is priced at $69.95 (USD) for a single-user license. A fully functional demo is available.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network