Private File Sharing
100,000 Beta testers have now proven itWixi is a media-centric, web-based desktop where users interact with each other by privately sharing personal media, including photos, audio and video, has announced the results of its six-month private Beta run. The network, which launched at last September's TechCrunch40 Conference, offers users the ability to build their very own online media center that they can access any time, anywhere, and soon from any device.
Millions of young Internet users have Gigabytes of media files. Copying these files from one device or service to another wastes time and can be limiting. Unlike other standard storage services, Wixi is designed to stream personal media files, offering its users unlimited storage, mobility and social feeds..
Since the network's launch at TechCrunch40, Wixi has seen tremendous success in both user registration and the growth of users' media libraries. Wixi has:
- . more than 100,000 Wixians registered as Beta testers
- . 500,000 files hosted: photos: 8% - audio: 19% - videos: 54%
- . 80,000 unique monthly visitors
- . 50,000 streams per day, 15,000 on iPhone
"Socialize your media."
Wixi's feature-set has also expanded - with new features ranging from Wixi for iPhones, RSS feeds to track your friends' activity on the network, upload documents and a new Wixi universal player that offers Web semantic suggestions for media playing. The network aims to be a Social Media Aggregator service for a user to back up his files online, but that also enables him to view his friends' upload activity and browse media content in the Wixi community.
Wixi's business model is based on Premium for Unlimited storage and Multi-device access. The User Interface offers a unique experience for storing and organizing thousands of files, not just the photos you took last weekend. Already, the site has more than 10,000 Wixis with more than 500 GB of files on their servers.
Web users who would like an invitation to register as a private Beta tester should visit
Wixi is a media social network where users interact with each other by privately watching, posting, and sharing content of all media types, including photos, audio, and video. The site's desktop-like interface and automatic file conversion to play all media on a universal Wixi player make it an ideal option for sharing media with users of all levels of computer literacy. Social networking features allow users to interact with friends privately online as well as meeting fellow members, browsing their Wixis, discovering new content and expanding their social circles. Founded in early 2007 with offices in Paris, New York and Buenos Aires, Wixi aims to create a world-class community for millions of users, monetized through advertising, entertainment on-demand channels and premium subscription packages. For more information about the company or to access the Wixi Web site, visit www.wixi.com.
Got News?We'd love to hear about your news, software or hardware discoveries... just post at: our review input forms
Get the InfoManager newsletter in your mailbox each Monday morning by subscribing at: mac-pro.net
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network