iPhoto Buddy, Burn data, Barbie Adventures
... fun and serious programsFollowing along from the previous page, now we'll lok at three valuable utilities that you might enjoy using ...
iPhoto Buddy is a Mac OS X application (Universal) that allows you to easily create, manage, and switch between multiple iPhoto Libraries. The advantages of splitting your One Huge Photo Library into multiple, smaller ones include improved iPhoto performance, increased flexibility in organizing your digital photo collection, and a consistency with most other Mac applications that allow their respective data to be stored in as many documents (in this case, "Libraries") as you like.
iPhoto Buddy uses a simple, streamlined interface that was inspired by iPhoto itself. Anyone that has used iPhoto will immediately feel right at home using iPhoto Buddy. It truly is a companion application--a real buddy! iPhoto Buddy will never alter/move/delete your Libraries or your photo files. It's perfectly safe!
www.iphotobuddy.com, download iPhoto_Buddy_131.dmg.zip
Burn that data
Easily burn data, audio, video disks and more.
There are a lot of ways to approach burning discs. Burn keeps it simple, but still offers a lot of advanced options. Create data discs with advanced data settings like, file permissions, the disc icon, file dates and more on the fly. Create video and audio discs without worrying about conversion. Create your personalized DVD-Video discs using themes. Recreate discs and disc images you all ready have. Burn doesn't reinvent the wheel, it uses many powerful open source Unix utilities and is also open source.
* Free; Platform: PPC/Intel
Burn-osx , Burn-osx Download | Burn-osx Reviews
Barbie Seahorse Adventures
Fun adventure game written in PyGame
Barbie Seahorse Adventures is a free and fun adventure game where you have to complete the levels and go to the next ones. The deluxe version contains lots of bug fixes, about 10 new levels and it's a lot more deluxe than the compo version. Download it now! From Phil Hassey, Freeware / FREE, 8.3 MB / Mac OS X, Universal Binary Universal Binary, Games
Barbie Seahorse Adventures; download: Barbie.dmg
Explore the many computer freeware sites, and try some of the programs. Surely you'll find at least one that you really like! Then let us know about it so we can pass it along to other readers!
Thanks for reading...
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network