iPhone Barcode Scanner (Free)
Product info immediately available at a clickSay you're at the mall and you see a product that really grabs your attention. But there's not much information about it, and you're wondering if you can buy it for less elsewhere. Turn on your iPhone, snap a picture of the bar code, and here comes everything you ever wanted to know about the product.
Deep Prose Cyclops 1.0 for iPhone 3Gs is a free barcode scanner that uses the built-in camera of the iPhone 3Gs to scan barcodes on items. Item information is retrieved from Amazon and presented with a convenient link to the product page. Simply click the scan button, take a picture of the barcode, and Cyclops does the rest, scanning, searching and presenting the item details right away, including new and used prices.
How it works:
Once the picture is taken, Cyclops analyzes the image in real-time on the iPhone. When the barcode is read, an online search retrieves information such as title, image, publisher, studio, tracks, dewey decimal number, prices, and more from Amazon US, UK, FR, DE, CA or JP. Both UPC and EAN barcodes are supported.
Scanning history is stored for quick reference and items can be easily reordered and removed. If an internet connection is not available when scanning, the online search can be done later on when the network is accessible.
Language Support: Cyclops is localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Japanese
Cyclops requires the camera on the new iPhone 3Gs to work, older iPhone versions are not supported at this time. Version 1.0 is the initial release and is available for free on the App Store.
Founded in 2003, Deep Prose Software is a Cocoa, WebObjects and iPhone application development company specializing in innovative software solutions. Copyright 2003 - 2008 Deep Prose Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Centreville, Virginia - Published on 07/20/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network