Graphic Designer Toolbox
a unique and powerful graphics editorOpcoders has rolled out GraphicDesignerToolbox version 1.0, a unique and powerful Mac OS X graphics editor for generating textures, composing logos, photo manipulation, text effects and web graphics, targeted at professional web designers and artists. Instead of virtual drawing tools and layers, GraphicDesignerToolbox provides adjustable building blocks which allow extensive tweaking and re-use, much like a modular sound synthesizer.
"Because you can work with bitmaps and vectors," said Simon Strandgaard, "it is possible to make a wide range of graphics spanning from seamless tiling textures to vector logos. GraphicDesignerToolbox is exceptional at making web graphics."
After more than four years of development, the Opcoders team has now released version 1.0. Radical improvements have been made since the first public alpha in early 2008. GraphicDesignerToolbox is now complete.
* Unified bitmap/vector compositing
* More than 80 building blocks
* Build assets and recycle your work
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later * 1 GB system RAM * Graphics card with 64 MB video RAM * 20 MB hard drive space
Opcoders is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Simon Strandgaard in Copenhagen, Denmark. Opcoders main focus is the development of GraphicDesignerToolbox for the Mac platform. Copyright 2009 Opcoders. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network