Anti-theft for your Mac
Koingo Software introduces Digital SentryDigital Sentry monitors your system for specific events, and then can perform a vast array of unique actions in response. Use it to automate certain redundant computer tasks, perform covert surveillance, or even protect your sensitive data during unauthorized access or theft.
Watch for such system events as waking from sleep, program launches, closes, or switches, file modifications, incorrect password attempts, mouse and keyboard input, and many more. Then, perform any number of tasks like sending an e-mail, shutting down the computer, starting a simulated self-destruct, pinging a web URL, taking a web cam shot, taking a screenshot, playing a multimedia file, speaking some text, executing a shell script... the list goes on.
Curious who's been using your computer while you make a quick trip out of the room? Turn on the 'incorrect password' attempt monitor, and have Digital Sentry take a picture of them with a web cam, e-mail it to you, and then sending you a notification by text message to your cell phone. Ideal for catching a thief in the event your laptop has been stolen.
Alternatively, use Digital Sentry to organize your life by performing a task such as speaking a line of text on an interval to remind you to get up from the computer and stretch, or to perform a system backup. In the case of a backup, then even get Digital Sentry to do it for you by executing a shell script.
Digital Sentry is shareware, and can be downloaded afor a free 15 day trial from our web site. Licenses are $19.95 (USD) to unlock the full version. An Intel or PowerPC Macintosh with Mac OS X 10.5 or later is required to use the software.
Located in Kamloops, British Columbia, Koingo Software has been providing digital solutions for businesses and individuals since 1994. Our award-winning software is now installed on thousands of personal computers worldwide - seamlessly integrating with a modern lifestyle. - Kamloops, British Columbia - Published on 02/05/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network