EOS Digital Rebel Companion
The Perfect Field Reference to Capturing Stunning Pictures
Learn how to take pro-quality shots with your Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i/500 and get your digital photography questions answered with the latest book from O'Reilly. In "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i/500D Companion" ($24.99 USD), expert author Ben Long delivers a one-stop digital photography guide through a series of practical, easy-to-follow lessons that are tailored specifically for people who use this camera.
Although the Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i/500D comes with a manual, Long explains why you need this book to get the most out of your camera.
"Knowing what each button on your camera does won't necessarily mean you can shoot great pictures. Personally, I know the basic concept of a paintbrush, but I can't paint a decent painting to save my life. To use a creative tool well, you must understand both the technique and the craft of the tool, as well as have some sense of artistry when you use it."
That's where "The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i/500D Companion" steps in. This is not a typical camera guide. Rather than just showing you what all the buttons do, this unique book teaches you how to use the Digital Rebel's features to make great photographs--including professional-looking images of people, landscapes, action shots, close-ups, night shots, HD video, and more.
"The Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i/500D Companion" will show you how to:
- Take creative control and go beyond automatic settings
- Learn the basic rules of composition
- Capture decisive moments, including fast-moving objects
- Discover ways to use a flash indoors and outdoors
- Learn about different lenses and the best time to use them
- Understand the options for shooting RAW and whether it's right for you- Use the Digital Rebel's ability to shoot high definition video
With Long's creative tips and technical advice, you have the perfect, camera-bag-friendly field reference that will help you capture stunning pictures anywhere, anytime.
Ben Long is a freelance writer, producer, photographer, and videographer. He is also the author of The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion, The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS/1000D Companion, The Nikon D90 Companion, and Complete Digital Photography (Charles River Media), among others. He also maintains the Complete Digital Photography website www.completedigitalphotography.com.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network