FontAgent now Bundles Open Type Fonts
Insider Software and Bitstream have partnered to bring a bundle of professional OpenType fontsInsider Software has rolled out FontAgent Pro Plus, which bundles 750 professional OpenType fonts from Bitstream with FontAgent Pro 4, Insider's industry-leading font manager. The new offering is available immediately for Mac OS X as well as Windows XP/Vista platforms.
750 Professional OpenType Fonts from Bitstream:
The 750 professional-quality fonts in FontAgent Pro(TM) Plus are from the world-renowned Bitstream Font Library and have well-defined kerning pairs, full character sets and reliable metadata. The collection includes more than 150 book and text fonts; 400 creative and display fonts; 80 script and handwritten fonts; 25 typewriter and mono-width fonts; and a wide selection of symbol and dingbat fonts. Download the catalog of fonts : Catalog.pdf (PDF)
Pricing and Availability:
The retail price for FontAgent Pro Plus is $249.95 (USD), but is available at an introductory price of $149.95 for a limited time, and can be purchased online from Insider Software. Versions of FontAgent Pro Plus are also available in Workgroup and Server-Connected versions for an additional $30 per user. Purchased individually, the fonts and software in FontAgent Pro Plus are worth thousands of dollars.
FontAgent Pro Plus runs on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista, and requires 100 megabytes of available disk space. In addition to the 750 bundled OpenType fonts, FontAgent Pro software manages all Type 1, dfont, and TrueType fonts.
FontAgent Pro: Font Diagnostics, Repair and Management in a Single ApplicationFontAgent Pro provides a complete font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, auto-activation, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application for Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Founded in 1994, Insider Software makes products that streamline the creative process. FontAgent is a registered trademark, and FontAgent Pro, Insider, and the Insider logo are trademarks of Insider Software. Other products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners. - Los Gatos, California - Published on 06/08/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network