with support for bio-formatsWe've enjoyed the benefits of owning GraphicConverter for over a decade. This famous and popular image editing and conversion utility for Mac OS X has now been enhanced and upgraded. GraphicConverter is the ultimate tool for image editing, image browsing, metadata editing, slideshows, image conversion from more than 200 file formats and much more. Lemke Software's new GraphicConverter 6.4.1, is the low cost image editing and conversion utility for Mac OS X. Most Mac Photoshop users keep GraphicConverter handy for its image conversion capabilities for more than 200 file formats -- in addition to image editing, image browsing, metadata editing, slideshows, and much more. Version 6.4.1 includes many bug fixes and little enhancements and is a recommended update for all customers.
New Feature Highlights:
* Support for bio-formats added (with the help of the licensed bio-formats sdk from Glencoe software) (UB)
* Metadata change in the context menu of the browser works now with other formats like TIFF (UB)
* Import of NV12 added
* Import of images of .CWK files added
* Large preview performance in the browser much improved with threading (UB)
* Import support for 32 bit IEEE TIFFs added (UB)
* Option to print delta path added to catalog printing with '&deltapath' (UB)
* Print dialog shows a progress bar during color matching to the print profile (UB)
* Option to select a different location for the iPhoto database added (UB)
* Slideshow respects PSD import prefs (UB)
* Edges and frames are sorted now (UB)
* Mac OS 10.4.4 or later for the Universal Binary version
* Mac OS 10.1.5 or later for the X version
* Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2.2 for the Classic version
* 40 MB Hard Drive space
Language support: German, English, French, Danish, Sweden, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Dutch, and Catalan
GraphicConverter 6.4.1 is a free update to registered users of GraphicConverter 6.0-6.4. New users may purchase the software for $34.95 (USD) directly from their website. New users can download a free trial version from their website.
Lemke Software is a developer and publisher of Macintosh software since 1992. (C) 2009 Lemke Software, Peine - Germany. - Peine, Germany - Published on 05/01/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network