Auto-serialization for InDesign
collect all files into one folderInPreflight Pro 2.6.10, is a maintenance update to its quality control, packaging automation and file info reporting solution for Adobe InDesign. InPreflight quickly gathers extensive information about document fonts, colors and links and lets users instantly locate potential problems according to preflight presets. InPreflight Pro also includes a powerful packaging automation engine which allows users to preflight and package multiple documents.
Among other abilities, it can collect all files into one folder, eliminating the need to collect the same links multiple times for each design. The savings can result in gigabytes of space and hours of production time. In addition, InPreflight lets users create interactive graphic PDF reports with the detailed InDesign document info and preflight results.
The new update allows system administrators to automatically serialize InPreflight Pro for large-scale distribution. System administrators with large-scale installations of InPreflight Pro can now include their site's serial number with their distribution of InPreflight Pro. Users will be prompted to activate InPreflight Pro upon first use, but will not require administrative privileges to activate and use the software.
System Requirements: InPreflight Pro is available for Mac OS X 10.4.2 and higher, a Universal Binary, and works with Adobe InDesign CS-CS4.
Pricing and Availability: InPreflight Pro 2.6.10 can be purchased from the Zevrix Solutions web site for $139.95 (USD), as well as from authorized resellers. A low-cost version, InPreflight Studio is also available for $99.95. Demo is available for download. Upgrade to InPreflight Pro 2.6.10 is free for licensed users of version 2.x, and $40 for the users of earlier versions.
Located in Toronto, Canada, Zevrix Solutions provides productivity solutions for Adobe Creative Suite software, graphic file diagnostics and Microsoft Office on Mac OS. Zevrix Solutions is dedicated to helping professionals achieve more while doing less through automating their everyday tasks, producing error-free documents, saving disk space and cutting production costs. For more information, visit their website. Copyright (C) 2009 Zevrix Solutions. All Rights Reserved. - Toronto (ON), Canada - Published on 06/01/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network