Adobe InDesign LinkOptimizer
workflow automation solutionZevrix Solutions' LinkOptimizer 3.2.7 is a maintenance update to its workflow automation solution to optimize link size and resolution for Adobe InDesign. LinkOptimizer allows to reduce the size of InDesign jobs and increase the processing speed by eliminating excessive image data.
LinkOptimizer automatically reduces the image resolution, scales and crops the images in Photoshop according to their dimensions in the InDesign document and the target resolution specified, and reimports them to InDesign at 100%. In addition, LinkOptimizer can automate the image color conversion, sharpening and merging of layers, as well as run Photoshop Actions during processing.
The new update allows to process a wider range of links by ignoring rotation angles smaller than 0.01 degree. InDesign occasionally applies small rotation angles to some links which prevented LinkOptimizer from cropping the images.
LinkOptimizer 3.2.7 can be purchased from the Zevrix Solutions web site, www.zevrix.com, for $139.95 (USD), as well as from authorized resellers. Demo is also available for download. Upgrade to LinkOptimizer 3.2.7 is free for licensed users of version 3 and up, and $40 (USD) for the users of earlier versions. LinkOptimizer is available for Mac OS X 10.4.2 and higher, a Universal Binary, and works with Adobe InDesign CS-CS4.
Located in Toronto, Canada, Zevrix Solutions provides productivity solutions for Adobe Creative Suite software, graphic file diagnostics and Microsoft Office on Mac OS. Zevrix Solutions is dedicated to helping professionals achieve more while doing less through automating their everyday tasks, producing error-free documents, saving disk space and cutting production costs. For more information, visit Zevrix Solutions online. - Toronto (ON), Canada - Published on 02/16/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network