Picturesque for Mac OS X
makes images look gorgeous for the webPicturesque 2.1, is a major update to the award winning image beautifying application. Picturesque makes images look gorgeous for the web, adding "Web 2.0" style effects. With an animated "drag and drop" style interface, Picturesque beautifies your image with tasteful effects like 3D perspective, reflection, glow, shadow, curve, and stroke in less time than it takes to open Photoshop. And with just a couple of sliders, Picturesque can help you achieve professional image effects.
Picturesque can also beautify images in batch mode, and with the ability to resize, crop, and apply effects on a whole folder of images, Picturesque is an easy way to make sophisticated thumbnails and beautifully refined full sized images.
You can also create presets of your favourite effects and save them to use again later, allowing you to create a consistent look for the images on your website with minimal effort.
Version 2.1 brings a number of enhancements to Picturesque including an improved image browser view, improved cropping & image resizing, and the ability to save straight to your Desktop with one keystroke. It also fixes a number of bugs relating to stroke, the shadow effect and saving.
Pricing and Availability:
Picturesque is available now for a free download and requires 10.5 Leopard or later. Registration is $34.95 (USD) to remove the watermark.
Acqualia is an Australian software company that produces award winning and easy to use software for the Mac. Copyright 2009 Acqualia. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Adobe, the Adobe Logo and PhotoShop are registered trademarks of Adobe Inc. - Sydney, Australia - Published on 01/22/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network