PopChar Reverse Searching for Fonts
finding and inserting special charactersErgonis Software has released PopChar X 4.2, the award-winning tool for finding and inserting special characters. PopChar now allows "reverse searching", i.e., searching for fonts that contain a particular character. With a single menu command, you can mark all fonts that contain a desired character and then even jump directly to the marked character in a favored font. This new feature is particularly convenient when you are searching for a special character that is not present in the current font.
Furthermore, PopChar X 4.2 delivers a number of other improvements and fixes for user-reported issues. In particular, it fixes a problem that caused PopChar to forget its license information when preferences were synced with MobileMe.
PopChar solves a problem faced by every technologist and multi-lingual worker. Inserting special characters into application documents can be frustrating and results in a steady loss of productivity. With PopChar, thousands of special characters are only a few clicks away. Just pop up the PopChar window, click the desired character, and the character appears in your current document right away.
PopChar X 4.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or newer, Mac OS X 10.5 is recommended.Visit Ergonis Software's website to learn more about specific enhancements contained in this release and to download a trial copy.
PopChar can be purchased securely on the Ergonis Software website. The upgrade to PopChar X 4.2 is free for anyone who purchased PopChar in the last 2 years. For information about purchases, including enterprise licenses, volume discounts, and upgrade pricing offers, visit the company's website.
Instead of purchasing PopChar by itself, customers can get the Macility Productivity Bundle that also contains two of the company's other productivity tools, Typinator and KeyCue. The pricing of the Productivity Bundle represents a saving of more than 35% over the separate purchase of its components.
Ergonis Software develops ergonomic and intuitive software that boosts the productivity of Mac and PC users. Ergonis Software, a privately held company founded in 2002, is headquartered in Hagenberg, Austria - Published on 05/11/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network