Posterino gets new features
templates for posters, photo frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheetsLast summer, DTG called Posterino an awesome "Mac Poster Machine" -- now, Zykloid Software has rolled out a new update to this popular life poster and postcard creator for Mac OS X. With a focus on ease-of-use, Posterino creates life posters, photo collages, frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheets from digital images. Posterino does the hard work while users just have to fine tune the results.
Posterino offers a variety of stylish templates with grids of identical or odd sized containers. With a single click, the application will fill containers with random images automatically, or for more control, the user may Drag and Drop images manually. Posterino also sports a built-in layout generator which can automate the process of creating and saving custom grid templates.
"If you want to create a collage of your favorite photos and put it on a poster, is the slickest and easiest way to get the job done." MacWorld Review - August 07
At any time users may change the size and shape of individual containers as well as adjust the placement of each image within its own container. Posterino provides options to send an image directly to iPhoto, Flickr, Mail or save it on the hard drive.
Feature highlights include:
* Various templates for posters, photo frames, postcards, greeting cards and contact sheets
* Send documents via e-mail
* Integrated Image Picker to browse and choose images from iPhoto, Aperture, or a folder on disk
* Auto-selection and auto-placement of images
* Export documents to iPhoto, Flickr, or local disk
* Live image editing: crop, rotate, skew
* Changeable image border properties: width, color, radius, shadow
* Document layout and size can be changed to fit users needs
* Built in layout generator user defined number of images
* Users can create own templates
* Automatic software update
Creating an eye-catching Life Poster is as easy as choosing a template, a iPhoto album and hitting a button. Posterino will place, crop, enhance and render the images into a poster. The ease with which it's possible to insert photos into templates makes Posterino particularly suited to both casual users and professional photographers alike, and a perfect compliment to Apple's iLife suite. The uses for projects are only limited by the imagination.
Minimum Requirements: * Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later * Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel * 20.6 MB Hard Drive space * Internet Connection (Sending Postcards or Flickr Uploads)
Posterino 1.5 is priced at $24.95 (USD) for a single-user license. A fully functional trial version is available. The demo will inscribe the words 'Posterino Demo' in large letters on top of a rendered document. Version 1.5 is a free and recommended update for all customers. Posterino may also be purchased as a gift. It is possible to create a printable gift certificate on their website. Every posterino license includes a coupon code good for three free postcards.
Headquartered in beautiful Ulm, Germany, Zykloid Software is an independent software vendor founded by Christoph Priebe in 2004. With a focus on the Mac platform, Zykloid's mission is to develop unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2004-2009 Zykloid Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iLife are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Ulm, Germany - Published on 03/13/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network