Kill DTP problems before they start
the #1 cause of font-related problems and workflow interruptionsWe have featured Insider Software many times in the past for their great products including FontAgent Pro. Their new version of Smasher now improves support for Adobe Creative Suite 4, QuarkXPress 8 and Microsoft Office 2008, and adds performance enhancements to the utility. Smasher works unattended to eliminate corruption to font caches and temporary files, the #1 cause of font-related problems and workflow interruptions.
Comprehensive OS and Application Maintenance
With release 1.7, Smasher for Mac OS X now clears font caches as well as temporary files and preferences for:
* Adobe Creative Suite 2, 3 and 4
* QuarkXPress 6, 6.5, 7 and 8
* Microsoft Office X, 2005 and 2008
* CUPS print spools
* Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 (Tiger, Panther and Leopard)
Set-and-Forget Automatic Operation
Smasher eliminates common font problems such as garbled text, erroneous font substitutions, fonts not appearing in application menus, printing problems and font-related crashes. While some font utilities manually clear specific kinds of font caches, Smasher remains the only solution that maintains the health of many kinds of caches and runs automatically.
View, Test and Transform Fonts and Suitcases
Smasher also enables you to open and manipulate fonts and suitcases so you can:
* Examine fonts to see their outlines and properties including, name, family, folder location, version number, copyright and file permissions
* Open suitcases - from all versions of Mac OS as well as Multiple Master suitcases - to examine the fonts they contain
* Break multi-font suitcases into individual font files that are usable in Mac OS X
* Convert Mac OS X dfonts into TrueType files usable in earlier versions of Mac OS
Smasher 1.7 retails for $49.95 (USD), and just $24.95 for registered users of FontAgent Pro - and is available for immediate download. Smasher comes with a thirty day money back guaranty of satisfaction. Smasher 1.7 requires a Macintosh computer running Mac OS 10.3 or later, 7 megabytes of RAM and 5 megabytes of storage space.
Insider Software creates software that streamlines the creative process, including FontAgent(R) Pro(TM) and FontAgent Pro Server, top-rated font management applications for Mac OS X systems. FontAgent is a registered trademark, and FontAgent Pro Smasher, Insider, and the Insider logo are trademarks of Insider Software. Other products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners. - Los Gatos, Calif - Published on 07/20/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network