TypeTrax for Adobe InDesign
adds the missing link to digital designTypeTrax is a new product for managing design projects created using Adobe Creative Suite. Developed jointly by Insider Software and Moksa, Inc., TypeTrax manages projects, and tracks, organizes and pre-flights project files, including fonts and digital assets.
TypeTrax adds the missing link to digital design projects. Fully integrated with Canto Cumulus, a leader in digital asset management, TypeTrax allows a user to simply drag a document into Canto Cumulus and TypeTrax automatically detects and displays the project's font resources in WYSIWYG mode.
TypeTrax also provides full access to font metadata with just a few clicks. In addition, native fonts and associated font data can be viewed from within Cumulus. When a user checks out an InDesign document, Cumulus and TypeTrax automatically preflight it to ensure inclusion of the fonts, images and all associated resources files that are needed to properly output the job.
TypeTrax requires Mac OS X version 10.4 or later running on an Intel Mac or Power Mac. It supports all Mac OS X fonts, including Open Type, Type 1, dfont, and Mac and Windows TrueType. Canto Cumulus version 7.0 or later and FontAgent Pro version 4.0 or later are also required.
Pricing and Availability:
The retail price for TypeTrax is $99.95 (USD) per workstation. TypeTrax will be available directly from Insider Software, Moksa, Inc. and resellers worldwide, including SHI, PC Connection, PC Mall and Zones.
Founded in 1994, Insider Software makes products that streamline the creative process. With the most extensive array of font management software on the market, Insider has the ideal solution for every font management scenario. Moksa is the premier technology consulting company focused on multimedia asset and workflow management.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network