The Page Director Ad Layout System
automated page-planning solutionManaging Editor Inc. (MEI), an Adobe premier development partner has released of Page Director Ad Layout System 5.4. Used at more publications worldwide than any other automated page-planning solution, ALS has been optimized for compatibility with Adobe Creative Suite 4. QuarkXPress 8.0 compatibility will be available in the coming weeks.
ALS 5.4 includes a convenient new print designer, which allows users to design and print custom ad dummies, resulting in printouts that conform to each publication's specific requirements. The release is also packaged with ALS XT for QuarkXPress 7.x and a new version of MEI's AdImport plug-in that is compatible with Adobe InDesign CS2, CS3 and CS4. These tools augment ALS by allowing users to import dummies and final ad content into QuarkXPress or InDesign editorial pages.
Additionally, ALS 5.4 has been upgraded for connectivity with MEI's Integrated Production Suite (IPS) 4.5, the sophisticated software package incorporating display and classified ad planning with editorial content across an entire publishing enterprise.
"We're proud to continue offering new versions of our flagship product with enhancements that help publishers save time and money," said Steven Haught, vice president of sales at MEI. "More than ever, we are dedicated to delivering efficient, automated systems that improve productivity and reduce operation costs."
Page Director Ad Layout System 5.4 is available now. The upgrade is free for customers in MEI's Premium Site Support Agreement program. Other customers should call their MEI salesperson for upgrade pricing. For more details, contact MEI at 215-886-5662 or an authorized MEI distributor. More information can be found on Managing Editor Inc.'s Web site.
Managing Editor Inc. is an industry leader in the development of quality, proven software solutions for the evolving publishing industry. The Page Director Series of Advertising and Classified Layout Systems, K4 Publishing System, Integrated Production Suite (IPS) and IPS AdTrac deliver automated pagination, workflow and digital asset management solutions to newspaper and magazine publishers, as well as to other print and electronic publishing markets. MEI is an Adobe premier development partner and has twice been named a laureate of the Computerworld Smithsonian Collections. Additional information regarding MEI's products and services can be found on the company's Web site.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network