MacBook Air External Battery/Charger
six to ten more hours of additional battery powerQuickerTek now offers an exclusive extended life battery for all models of the Apple MacBook Air. Users gain six to ten hours of additional battery power - beyond the power of the built-in battery. This is the only product that charges the internal battery of the MacBook Air while in use. For those Air users who are looking for a way to get around the MacBook Air's non-removable battery, this new external battery adds the mobile power most often requested.
New Technology allows 25% more power from a smaller physical size battery. This produces not only a smaller battery, but also longer battery power. For those Air users who are looking for a way to get around the MacBook Air's non-removable battery, this new external battery adds the mobile power most often requested. Air users can't drag a few extra batteries around with them to get enough battery life - a tactic often by other laptop owners. And, QuickerTek's new MacBook Air External Battery powers the MacBook Air and charges the internal battery while in use.
A total of 12 to 14 hours of MacBook Air use are now possible. Users immediately notice the power of the external battery when the battery charge percentage icon in the menu bar remains at 100% for several hours, before the internal battery is used. Styled to blend with your Apple equipment, the new MacBook Air External Battery Charger is housed in a machined aluminum anodized case. It comes with a molded MacBook Air charger, an external battery charger and is built for three times the standard recharge cycles - 1000 full recharges, typically 2000 cycles.
* Physical: The size is 6.75 x 3.5 x 1 inches
* Weight: 1.2 pounds
* Battery: Li-ion Polymer
* 6 to 10 hours of extended use on Apple MacBook Air
* Rate for 1000 full recharge cycles
* Requires a modified MagSafe power adapter
* Works with all 120/240 AC power outlets in the US and abroad
* Ships with charger and an external battery charger
* Machined aluminum case with LED charging status indicator
Pricing and Availability: Customers can either send in their MacBook Air MagSafe power adapter for modification ($25), or buy one that has already been modified for use with the new MacBook Air External Battery ($100). Either way, the MagSafe is modified with long life parts. Compatibility with all MacBook Air models is maintained after the modification is made. Like most QuickerTek products, the aluminum MacBook External Battery Charger is backed with a one-year warranty on parts and labor.
QuickerTek has been a recognized leading innovator of wireless upgrades for Apple Power Macintosh, Mac Pro, iMac, PowerPC and Intel, PowerBook, iBook, MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers. QuickerTek products can be purchased on line and from authorized dealer. - Wichita, Kansas - Published on 04/15/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network