InDesign Font Catalog
a program for making visual catalogs of font familiesChris Paveglio has released a new version of InDesign Font Catalog, a program for making visual catalogs of font families and their styles. ID Font Catalog is unique from other font display apps by grouping font families together, and making a short list of each style. Version 2 is completely rewritten, and includes a user-definable "skip list" of fonts to omit form the catalog, and 3 new document templates. (view)
InDesign Font Catalog version 2 is a major update to the application. ID Font Catalog creates a catalog of every font a user has, using Adobe InDesign. It is unique from other font catalog applications because it groups fonts by their family, and only shows each font "style" in a short list.
Graphic designers and artists with a large list of fonts appreciate seeing a list of fonts in a compact style. In version 2, the primary addition is the user definable "Font Skip List" where a user can omit certain fonts from the catalog, for example foreign fonts (Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic) can be skipped even though OS X installs some of these fonts by default.
Other additions include 3 new document styles, for professional looking and functional type samples; the option to choose any InDesign document preset for making a catalog (Single Paragraph style only); and a completely rewritten core for better performance and reliability. (view)
* Completely rewritten for better performance and reliability
* User-definable Font Skip List
* Can use an ID document preset for "Single Paragraph" style
* 3 New document styles
* Adobe InDesign CS3 or CS4
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* G4/G5/Intel Processor
* 20 MB Hard Drive space
ID Font Catalog is $15 (USD) and availabile immediately from Chris Paveglio's website.
Located in Manheim, PA, Chris Paveglio creates applications and Applescripts for the publishing and advertising industry; as well as custom Applescripts upon request. He deals primarily with Adobe integration, and FileMaker databases. As a graphic artist he can create printed documents, video and animation, and web ready graphics. All Material and Software (C) 2002-2009 Chris Paveglio / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Manheim, PA - Published on 02/13/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network