Pick Zits on iPhone
features an innovative use of multi-touch technologyA ridiculous new game for the iPhone just could be enough of a break to make it worth while... Zit Picker. With two fingers and an iPhone or iPod touch, Zit Picker allows players to keep the lovely Veronica's face beautiful and her complexion clean.
In Zit Picker, players must pinch, pop, and pick Veronica's zits before the stress becomes too much and makes her cry! Zit Picker could well be one of the more disgusting apps yet created but it is designed as a light-hearted and humorous exercise in iPhone's multi-touch screen.
Players remove various types of zits using finger gestures like taps and pinches. Zits must be acted upon at the right time - not too early or too late, otherwise they risk becoming scars. Too many scars make Veronica's stress level soar and eventually causes her to cry!
As the game progresses, zits come faster. To further add to the hectic nature of the game, Zit Picker is accompanied by Rimsky-Korsakov's "The Flight of the Bumblebee." A video demo of the app is available on the Zit Picker homepage.
Pricing and Availability: Candywriter is celebrating the release of Zit Picker by offering the first 2,500 downloads for free. Zit Picker is available now on the iTunes App Store. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Seattle, Washington, Candywriter produces creative software for Mac OS X, iPhone, and, grudgingly, sometimes Windows. Copyright 2009 Candywriter. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. - Seattle, WA - Published on 01/15/09
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network