Here, we've tried to pick the very best in both technique and styling. You know you've got really creative thinking when you've made typography out of chocolate or paper or sticks and grass. In this collection you'll see some amazing lettering from carefully engineered to tea leaves! Enjoy! September 28, 2015
JUNE 2016 ... DESIGN Graduation is over, and we're going on DESIGN VACATION... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- JUNE Colors : What's in YOUR palette! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
JUNE is brought to you by the colors in "SAND" as in "sandy beaches" How many colors of Sand? Well, we don't know, but here's a sandy palette see if this matches your idea of sandy beaches? FaceBook Group
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #10 ~ October
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to the holiday seasons, and the start of a brand new 2016!
- Happy October, autumn, Fall and The Holidays
- Ten Years Ago
- Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum unveils Louise Fili Font
- Photoshop Madness : fall facebook madness reveals some real mad winners!
- Inspiration : Amazing type, font and lettering treatments that show true creativity!
- Pope Francis Visits America -- fun and educational
- Surfing for lessons, inspiration, neon, terms, and the culture of typography: surf #5
- Nikita Prokhorov is the real deal: Logos, lettering, and visions that move
- Download 500 free fonts in a single download? Seriously?
- 21st Annual Fonts Festival : fonts, lettering and typography surf #4
- Clementine Font: A bit of Victoriana whimsy from Ted Staunton
- Photoshop: Create type made from grass
- Meet Scott Biersack
- Creative Tidbits #197: spectacular drone shots to advice for branding and more
- Steampunk style, resources and amusements
- Have a great October September 28, 2015
We don't normally show books like this, but under the circumstances I thought it would be a fun inclusion for our October content . . . or for gift giving. Everyone loves the Pope, and here's the opportunity to invite him into your home! September 25, 2015
Now we continue with an unusual mix of talents from urban neon artist to a typography lesson from noted typography trainer and expert, Ilene Strizver! We're almost finished on surf #6, so better get into this one right away!
- Branding requires a balance between strategy and design.
- Type Terms You Need to Stop Confusing
- Type integration into illustration
- The Culture and knowledge of Type . . .
- Urban Interventions
The guys from MacAppware are celebrating the 21st Annual Fall Fonts Festival with a pile of new fonts to their Free Fonts collection, bringing the new total to over 500 -- all in a single download! Think about it -- you'd spend literally months downloading all these fonts, individually, from the 'free' fonts sites! September 24, 2015
We have discovered some really incredible resources! That's the really rewarding thing about the festival -- the opportunity to meet and discover so many talents. And, we want to thank everyone for sending in their suggestions!
In today's surf we visit some unique individuals, and we'll se some really good fonts . . .
- Hidden talent Save the Children Indonesia campaign
- Hand-Lettered Logotypes by Dmitriy Tkachev
- Pardon My French by Vegetal Identity
- Typerror beauty in hand lettering
- The Impregnable Script Font
We've talked about P22 more than we really should over the years, but this new one from Ted Staunton is too nice to ignore. We often talk about decorative fonts leading us to different times, moods and emotions -- well Clementine does just that! September 22, 2015
There really isn't better training than this -- and since we are celebrating Lynda this month, we're passing along yet another FREE Photoshop and Illustrator tutorial by the one and only Deke McClelland! This Photoshop CS5/CS6 tutorial describes how to render text that has a grass effect using the Refine Mask tool. -- plus we're going to pass along TEN FREE HOURS OF TRAINING at Lynda.com! Photoshop: Create type made from grass September 21, 2015
Follow along as Scott illustrates a whole wall . . . the comments and insights from this design illustrator is well worth your time watching! Scott Biersack is truly a man of all seasons and demonstrates lettering savvy on a large scale format September 15, 2015
Well into the Fonts Festival, I thought we'd take a little break from fonts to cover some interesting items in other areas of the graphic design and creative fields. Those drone shots are awesomel, and just a little preaching will help your brand design a bit.
There's always lots to learn in the creative world, so follow along . . . September 15, 2015