Moving into spring, the colors are coming out, and our friend Ainsley Bevis from BloomWebDesign.net is on a roll with this great Adobe Illustrator -plus- Photoshop tutorial! You'll enjoy some tricks for illustrating the shapes of a waving flag with stripes, and then the whole piece drops into Photoshop for shadows and highlights, and finishing! April 9, 2014
OCTOBER Welcome to the 20th Annual Fall Fonts Festival! Discover new fonts, typography, lettering, calligraphy, typographics, logos and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
OCTOBER is brought to you by "the color PUMPKIN"
You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
See our FREE Ampersands Poster
See our FREE Helvetica Love Poster
We're enjoying jumping into April, and with it comes some fresh creative inspiration. This edition has 6 Attention-Grabbing Direct Mail Designs for those who thought that direct mail was dead A wonderful interview with Jon Sueda -- not to be missed, and revisiting the "selfie" and Ellen's now famous Oscar selfie!
It's all fun, and you're invited to join us! April 7, 2014
The 19th Annual Designing Women Edition presents Designing Women of Europe! In celebration of Women's History Month, last month, we celebrated Designing Women in the USA, this month we celebrate these outstanding women designers from Poland, Spain, England, and all points around Europe. These are also highlighted with samples, descriptions and links to their sites in our Designing Women pages! Enjoy April 1, 2014
The 19th Annual Designing Women Edition presents Designing Women of central and South America in a celebration of Women's History Month, last month, we celebrated Designing Women in the USA and Europe, now celebrate these outstanding women designers from Ecuador, Costa Rica, Columbia, Argentina, El Salvador, Venezuela, Brazil, Bolivia and points south, below the equator. Take this tour and you'll also find highlighted samples and links to their sites once you click into the Gallery pages pages! Enjoy April 1, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #4 ~ APRIL
- April 2014: Designing Women and The Colors of Spring
- Claire Sells the talent behind Splot Designs & Glean Magazine
- Malika Favre : negative space design excellence
- 19th Annual Designing Women FOUR
- 19th Annual Designing Women THREE
- 2014 Designing Women of Europe
- 2014 Designing Women from Central and South America
- Creative Graphic Design: Women's History, almost spring
- Creative Update #167: design, illustration, and graphics around the world
- 60 Seconds #310: Cinemagraphs are moving pictures
... the evolution of the animated GIF
- Photography: Painting amazing designs into the ice floating on Lake Michigan
- Qwasian : The Hardest working man in the Photoshop biz
- Publishing Update 1403 : Is digital really greener than paper?
- Posters For The Digital Age, At Schick Art Gallery
- &Else : News, Views & Reviews
- Next Month is May -- for Mom and Graduation
- April is for everyone ! April is for . . .
- Parting words for spring...
March is almost over, our Women's History Month is coming to an end and we're focusing on spring colors .... these and other starting points for all designers and creative visual communicators ... here we go:
Gift Card Impressions Wins Two Graphic Design USA Awards for Innovative Packaging
Colborne graphic artist wins ParaSport Games medal design contest
Getting a job in digital marketing (A graduate’s perspective)
Graphic designer Peter Saville still rocks the fashion world
Icons that talk : telling a graphic story with icons
Stumbled into the profession of graphic design
Call for Entries: Graphis Design Annual 2015
TypeTalk: Know Your Figures
... and more ! March 31, 2014
MacAppware, a division of 128bit Technologies, announces its Free Fonts collection has been updated with even more fantastic fonts, bringing the new total to 515. The Free Fonts collection is now available on the MacAppware website as a full download of all 515 fonts March 31, 2014
The water froze the instant the wave broke through the ice. That's what it is like in Lake Michigan where it is the coldest weather in decades. Water freezes the instant it comes in contact with the air. The temperature of the water is already some degrees below freezing. March 28, 2014
The Schick Art Gallery at Skidmore College will present Graphic Advocacy: International Posters for the Digital Age, 2001-2012, an exhibition of advocacy posters by artists from around the world this spring. With topics ranging from environmental degradation to dirty politics to human rights, these posters are shrewd, visually compelling and often witty in their illustration of complex contemporary issues. March 27, 2014
Number FOUR is our final surf for this year's 19th Annual Designing Women edition. We wrap it up with these extraordinary visual creatives.
* Most Popular Social Media Sites Review: Why Women Are The Real Power
* Sarah Yates a.k.a. Faunagraphic duz Walls and all
* Fresh, fun, brilliant works of Amanda Grazini
* Gina Kiel illustration & spirit down under
* Cris Delara : NOT just pinups!
... and more! March 26, 2014