equinux announces the release of Mail Designer 1.3 for Mac. equinux enhances Mail Designer, its tool for creative professionals, with an interface to send and distribute mail designs and newsletters with Campaign Monitor. This integration greatly improves the marketing workflow for freelancers, creative professionals, and companies. Mail Designer and Campaign Monitor are ideal for launching newsletter campaigns and reaching large audiences. Users can build and create their own mail designs. May 20, 2013
DECEMBER Welcome to the month of December and the Holiday Season! Discover all the creative ideas and inspirations for this season -- and all manner of cool stuff ... grab your best and then share your creations with DTG readers and win a prize!
December is brought to you by the Colors of Christmas "RED" and "GREEN"!
Don't forget to pick up your holiday gifts at the Publishers' Warehouse Loading dock, and your free December Poster! You can also follow updated news items here... or join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Dig in and target the right market. Although ebooks now outsell print, there's still a huge and ready market . . . here's the latest publishing update:
* Survey: 87 percent of US magazine and newspaper publishers have an iPad app
* Printed customer communications — marketing opportunity or inconvenience?
* 75% of Advertisers Use Social Ads, Half Integrate With Print
* Global newspaper trends: Readership remains high
* To print or not to print? That is the question
* Mobile2Print: the future of print?
* Print Media's Digital Malpractice
* Copyright smarts
and more ... May 20, 2013
Award winning book app author, speaker and coach, Karen Robertson, takes readers through what a book app is, the step-by-step process for creating a storybook app and shares the personal stories 27 writers who've published book apps for the iPad. May 19, 2013
E-Book Systems has launched FlipViewer Xpress Creator 1.0, a wizard-based software solution for Mac. FlipViewer Xpress Creator enables publishers and corporations to create and publish realistic page-flipping digital publications easily. It conveys the FlipBook in a 3-D page flipping interface, where pages are displayed like those in a real book. The created FlipBook can then be hosted on any web server for online viewing or distributed through any media for offline viewing. May 17, 2013
Content marketing and digital flipbook platform, Uberflip, has released a videographic that highlights and benefits of responsive design for marketers :: Responsive Design in 60 Seconds May 17, 2013
We haven't had a real Web Update since the first of the year, so let's catch up to the first quarter of interesting regular updates on Web Trends, tips and tricks just for web designers and online marketers:
* Is responsive design really the future of Web development?
* 4 Reasons Long Blog Posts and Content are the Future
* 7 Ways To Grow Your Online Community With Google+
* 17 Things You Should Stop Doing to Your Websites
* 10 Killer SEO Landing Page Tips
.... and the continuing online world May 16, 2013
This Social Media update joins spring changes coming to the whole world of online media -- from burn-out to flubs, to promotions and marketing -- let's catch up
* 5 tips for avoiding social media burnout - Social Media Today
* 6 ways to avoid a personal PR crisis on social media
* 7 NEW things to do after you've written a blog post
* 5 Ways Social Media Can Promote Your Offline Event
* Boost engagement on your LinkedIn company page
* 5 tips to reduce risk of social media flubs
* 7 simple social media moves that work
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking May 15, 2013
Here comes the event for Filemaker Developers : Design Studio June 4 - 6 in Oakland California. This three day training will be lead by veteran FileMaker Developer's Conference Speaker, Don Levan, President of Vanguard Custom Software and Founder of the Craft of FileMaker. Attendees will learn a formal process and set of practices for designing exceptional applications and interfaces. May 14, 2013
Spring is now in full swing and cool stuff is busting out all over -- much of which is driven by senior design classes and design school graduates. This creative surf takes us to places we've been, and some new digs yet discovered. . . :
* Meet Illustrator David Seguin : Put on a real face
* Zhikharev Eduard bends reality with digital art
* Colin Johnson of great detail, large and small
* The Fascinating World of Don Carson
* Brazilian Branding with Adilson
... and more ! May 14, 2013
01 Welcome new subscribers
02 Photoshop (May Color) Madness
03 Photoshop : Eye color, depth, hue and enhancement tips tutorial
04 CREATIVE: Spring brings fresh design and design students portfolios
05 Ally Lands A Brand
06 Adobe InDesign never could do decent equations or symbols. . . until now
07 Can magazines be a viable advertising option for small business?
08 What happens to your digital estate and online holdings when you die?
09 What is ICANN doing? What were they thinking?
10 60 seconds : The 100 Most Influential People in the World
11 &Else News, Views and Reviews :
12 Web Business : The Economics Of Allowing Aereo Television on Internet
13 French translation of Anne-Marie's article!
14 THe Alphabet Book revisited
15 May & June Design Graduates: CONGRATULATIONS again!
16 April showers brought May flowers, colors and Mothers . . .
17 Thanks for reading... May 1, 2013