No fonts fest is complete without free fonts, right? No need for us to give you fonts . . . you can just go here and download 350 fonts -- the only free commercial use font collection to receive regular updates of brand new fonts. We like'em ... you will too! September 26, 2014
APRIL 2015! The 25th April online for graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- April Colors : the 19th Annual Designing Women issue continues! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
April is brought to you by the letter A. Fiery and energetic, this color signifies passion, strength, and courage -- or, the color Diamond!" actually white or clear! join our FaceBook Group
Here's an interesting experiment in the minds of graphic designers . . . in the 2010 annual fonts fest we went to a graphic design forum on LinkedIn and asked the question. This year we returned to the very same forum and asked the very same question. Whoa! What a difference! September 24, 2014
Many of you have asked for this functionality -- many Photoshop users in fact . . . Offering a clean, intuitive interface and capabilities for high level image stacking, editing and masking, Union lets anyone quickly and easily replace backgrounds and combine photos in unique and creative ways. Easily layer, blend and combine images to create surreal, creative compositions. September 18, 2014
Seriously, too many businesses -- particularly creative businesses -- fail because of lack of management and coordination. This might just be the way to tie all the loose ends together to make a cohesive team in the field. Advertisers, Photographers, and any creative art that requires a team is game for this app! September 16, 2014
You got to admit that making photos into a comic book is pretty cool. But this update makes it easy to turn photo pages into high-definition movies with dynamic camera movement, professionally designed captions, and fun sound effects. Version 1.3 also includes 50 licensed sound effects that can be assigned to each photo. September 15, 2014
Sometimes I run into conversations that I just can't resist passing along. Such is this one I ran across on LinkedIn. But what are your thoughts with asked "What's the most overused font of contemporary design?" I have my ideas, and you'd expect passionate responses from any designer of some background and knowledge. Let's see what the LinkedIn graphic design professionals believe the answer is. . . September 13, 2014
You are going to like the look of ARTZ ... it's one of the the newest wood type to be cut at Hamilton Wood Type and Printing Museum. It was designed by venerable type designer Erik Spiekermann for his own print studio (P98a in Berlin), specifically to be cut into large size wood type. September 10, 2014
Studio allows anyone to create and share amazing artwork. By combining a powerful design editor with a new social interaction, Studio helps the average person overcome the challenges of design creation. Studio offers a layer-based editing system allowing for simple yet sophisticated design creation. I think this needs a look by anyone wanting to streamline their life in terms of graphics and photography September 9, 2014
Are your clients screaming for better marketing graphics? Do you think they know what effective graphics are? As the world of marketing gets more complicated, graphic designers need to keep right on top of every crook in the road ... literally
- Why Doing Pro Bono Work is Good for Your Agency and How to Find the Right Match
- Infographic : How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions
- Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain
- In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts Rule
- A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing
- Eight Ways to Rock Your Media Marketing
- 2014 - Mid-Year Rankings: US Top Buzz
- ... and more
- The 20th Anniversary Fonts Fest Part TWO
- Fonts, lettering and typography surf FOUR
- Jim Parkinson : half-century of typography
- New found free Script fonts for the 20th year!
- Photoshop : Never make a Photoshop or Illustrator Style again!
- Graphic Designers Ask : How much should I charge
- 60-Seconds #315 : LinkedIN thinks 360,000 people, including me, are stupid.
- Creative Update 179 -- Graphic Design Creative Inspiration
- GraphicConverter gets an upgrade, and a New Image Verifier
- Marketing Update : AdWords Etiquette, Content Skills, and do we really trust advertising?
- LightWave 3D Group Ultimate Creativity Bundle with OctaneRender
- &Else: All-In-One Mobile 3D Modeling App rivals 3D workstation software
- &Else: An animated template for graphic seals in FinalCut Pro
- &Else: Awesome new features, Pixelmator may be the Photoshop Killer!
- &Else: Help from ColorLogic's color management for more consistent color results
- This Year's Fonts Fest Poster
- Enjoy September... onward toward October