Comic life has always been a favorite, and now it's been updated and spread out for all platforms! Comic Life 3.5 is the latest version of the award winning photo comic creation software we told you about back in 2008! April 11, 2016
MAY 2016 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- May Colors : What's in YOUR palette! CONGRATULATIONS Design Graduates! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
May is brought to you by the color PURPLE ... because it means royalty, and is a frequent color for sashes at Graduation, and the letter "M" for May and Mom! join our FaceBook Group
Having a great time learning about such outrageous new talents! This issue we have two videos along with a super collection of wonderful samples and portfolios ... take this journey and I hope you have as much fun as I did putting it together!
- Marta Granados: universal language of color and shape
- Peperina Magenta : Visual Storyteller
- Barbara Nessim : : An Artful Life
- Karla Blanco : Make a statement
Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #4 ~ April
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- Designing Women and Color Everywhere for April
- 21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
- Hamilton Wood Type celebrates "Mardell," a new font designed by Louise Fili
- Louise Fili : World Class design
- Art Nouveau and Victorian Color Palettes in Graphic Design - and era of decorative arts
- Creative Tidbits #203: Infographics, bold characters, Nazis, Web Design and more
- Creative Tidbits #204: big changes, small world, then technology and more
- Flora Borsi: Discovering one's self in the art of photography and Photoshop
- Flora Borsi and her works in self portriats
- Interview : Painting Mark Ruffalo with Jason Seiler
- Springtime ... Looking forward to Summer
Let's take a look at the real value of building color palettes from the past. The Art Nouveau and Victorian periods were so rich in color, and decorative qualities that they hold a cherished place in art history. Try your hand at utilizing those color combinations to develop your own... just in time for spring! March 31, 2016
21st Annual Designing Women: BLITZ, Stacey after a decade, Becca's soft hand, Cuba Illustrated and more
As we said before, we love to visit studios we've featured before. Such is the case with Stacey's! But probably the highlight of this journey is the story about BLITZ magazine, and the video we've included. It's a pleasure to keep rolling, and our #3 will follow this week! Have fun!
- Ten years ago : Stacey Dyer and Triple Frog
- Giselle Monzón Calero: Cuba illustrated
- Carey Labovitch and her BLITZ
- Becca Stadtlander soft hand
This one is actually part of #203, but we had to break it out to a second file. We don't usually run essays, but the Media and Publishing piece is particularly good for designers. Also, the 3D printer piece is essential just to realize where that technology is going. enjoy
- The 3D Printing Advances That Changed The World In 2015
- Voltron Reboot, New Gullermo Del Toro Series Coming To Netflix
- Great Design versus Everything Else
- Designing Women : Painted Surf 01
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
Louise Fili has graced the pages of the Design Center and the Designing Women series in the past. Now we have news she has unveiled a new font -- "Mardell"! Also, don't forget to see the video interviews at the end of the article! March 25, 2016
Meet Flora Borsi a Photographer, Visual Artist and Freelance Graphic Designer from Hungary -- one of our April Designing Women series features! She uses exquisite photo manipulation to create surreal images that are thematically focused who the human being -- including you and me! March 24, 2016